Are you looking to increase your milk supply? I’ve started baking these chocolate lovers lactation cookies and they are SO good! Honestly, I like them even better than regular chocolate chip cookies, which I didn’t think was possible. They stay chewy and moist even a few days after baking. They might not be as healthy as some other lactation supporting recipes, but these are so delicious you won’t find yourself struggling to make yourself eat them, that’s for sure! Without further ado, here’s the recipe:
Chocolate Lovers Lactation Cookies
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brewer’s yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups M&Ms or chocolate chips, or a combination of both
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix water and flax seed together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Mix in the bowl of flax seed meal.
- Add flour, brewer’s yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in oats and M&Ms/chocolate chips.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough onto your baking sheet and bake for about 10 – 13 minutes. I found that in my oven 11 minutes was just perfect.
- After taking the cookies out of the oven, let them sit for about a minute or two, and them move them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Increase your milk supply while you enjoy delicious cookies!
- PS – These cookies are so good if you don’t hide them your family will help you devour them!
It’s very important with this recipe that you use Brewer’s Yeast. Regular yeast will not help to increase your milk supply the way that Brewers yeast will. I was able to find all of the ingredients at Walmart except for the Brewer’s yeast. For that I needed to order it online through Amazon. If you live in a bigger city you might be able to find it in a retail store, but if not, just order online. One container will last you for a lot of cookie batches.
Trying to increase your milk supply? I’ve got helpful tips HERE.