We received a complimentary stay at the new Great Wolf Lodge in Bloomington, MN in order to facilitate this post about what to pack for Great Wolf Lodge. All opinions are my own. Amazon links are affiliate links.
Since we live in Minnesota, it feels SO great to escape our winters, if even for a short time. We farm, so we can’t travel for big vacations every year, but we try to at least do a little stay-cation. And, with the brand new opening of the newest great wolf lodge in Bloomington, MN, we knew it would be the perfect place to go. Are you planning for a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge? Today I want to share some tips about what to pack for great wolf lodge so you’ll have everything you need for a fabulous, fun trip!
Rooms Are Booked, Now What to Pack for Great Wolf Lodge?
I pretty much ALWAYS over pack. It’s been a habit of mine to try to be prepared no matter what. However, when going places with 7 people, over packing becomes a huge hassle. So I tried really hard to pack lighter this time. And, I actually did pretty well and still had everything we needed!
What To Pack For The Great Wolf Lodge
- Swimwear – They have an amazing water park so you definitely want your suits ready for action.
- Body Glove Paddle Pals Life Jacket – If you have young children who don’t know how to swim well, this is the life jacket you want! Trust me, after 5 kids, I know which life jackets work the best and this one is it! The great wolf lodge does provide the typical style life jackets if you don’t have one though.
- Resort Clothes – No matter what time of year, I suggest some comfortable resort wear. We packed shorts, capris, and short sleeve tops even though we went in the dead of MN Winter.
- Typical Clothing – As usual, pack your undergarments, pajamas, sweatshirt, etc.
- Sneakers – Some of the attractions require closed toed and rubber soled footwear. So be sure to pack your sneakers.
- Personal Care Items – Deodorant, toothbrush, tooth paste, makeup, and whatever other personal items you use daily.
- Snacks & Drinks – While there is plenty available at the resort, if you like to save a little money, bring some snacks and beverages. They have a mini fridge as well as a microwave in your room so bottled water, juice boxes, or microwave popcorn are great options.
- Spending Money – The great wolf lodge offers lots of great entertainment, attractions, and activities to choose from. A few, such as story times, kids crafts, and games, are included with your stay but there are plenty available for additional fees too.
What You Don’t Need To Pack For the Great Wolf Lodge
- Towels – The great wolf lodge provides towels down in the water park that you can take back to your room. So no need to bring your own!
- Hair Dryer – These are provided in the bathroom.
- Black Tie Affair Clothes – All the bars and restaurants offer casual dining/fun.
- Shampoo, Lotion, Or Soap – You’ll find these amenities in your room, thanks to housekeeping.