I received Up and Away baby shower items from Party City at no cost to facilitate this post.
I’m going to be an aunt again! My older brother and his wife are expecting a new baby any day now, so my sisters, mom, and I got together to throw my sister-in-law a little baby shower!
The first big decision we needed to make was finding a theme for the shower. I always head straight to Party City for that! They have such a huge selection of themes to choose from! My sister-in-law, Kate, wanted to be surprised by her theme, so after a lot of thought, we decided on the adorable Up and Away baby shower theme.
We got all of the decor from Party City. From tablecloths, to balloons, to banners, to centerpieces, Party City was a 1-stop shop for it all! I love how they offer so many different pieces to really tie everything together well.
We played 3 games at the baby shower. They are a great way to break the ice, have a little fun, and had out a few fun prizes too!
Here’s what we played:
- Baby Shower Bingo: This game is very easy and a lot of fun. It also gives party-goers something to do while the new mom is opening her gifts. Each participant is given a blank Bingo card. They fill in each square with one baby gift item (baby shampoo, outfit, teether, etc.) and then as the mom opens her gifts, whenever she opens an item you have written on your card, you get to check off that box.
- What’s In Your Purse: This game lists common and not-so-common items found in a purse. Each lady checks her own purse and adds up points depending on the items she finds. It’s a simple, fun game!
- Don’t Say Baby: This game is pretty simple but harder than it sounds. Everyone gets a necklace and is instructed that they can’t say the word, “baby.” If you do say baby and someone else catches you, you must give your necklace(s) to them, and you’re out of the game. Whoever has the most necklaces at the end of the game wins!
You’ve gotta have yummy food at a baby shower! My mom, sisters and I all pitched in to contribute yummy food for the event. I made my Pesto Bites which are always a huge crowd pleaser. My sister fixed homemade cupcakes. We had sandwiches prepared at a local store, and fruit, crackers and cheese, and veggie trays. I also got a few baby-themed candies from Party City for guests to enjoy.
My sister made this punch which is, hands down, the best punch I have ever had! I normally just put some ginger ale in with rainbow sherbet, but will always make this punch in the future!
Here is the recipe for it. Your guests will love it!
- 2 Liter of Ginger Ale
- 1 can frozen concentrate Cranberry juice, (12 oz)
- 1 bottle of Cranberry/Pomegratante juice (64 fl. oz)
- 1 carton Vanilla ice cream (1.5 quarts)
- Start by dumping the frozen concentrate into the punch bowl
- Next add ¾ of the juice
- Stir till frozen cranberry juice is dissolved
- Add ginger ale
- Top with scoops of ice cream using all in the carton
- Taste test - if you want sweeter, add the remainder of the Cranberry Pomegranate juice
One of the things we did which was a huge hit was make a special area on the wall using streamers and a Baby Shower banner to create a special photo opp area. Everyone got their photo with my sister-in-law before leaving, and some of us had fun taking other photos to commemorate the event as well. It was a huge hit and didn’t cost very much at all!
The award for the coolest present goes to Kate’s friend Erin who brought this adorable present, made to look like a baby in the bathtub. How cool is this?!