I received product from Step2 to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
Toddlers are loads of fun! Usually…..right?!? This past weekend, I think my husband and I were a little crazy though. On top of our own five children, we have our 3 year old foster daughter and 2 month old foster son. But, through Sunday, we added a 17 month old foster daughter. I do love children, which is just one of the reasons we are currently doing foster care. So when a fellow foster mom and friend called to see if I could do respite for her foster daughter so she could relax, I didn’t hesitate. Because we all need a break from time to time. One of these days, it will be me calling for help and I hope the favor will be returned.
5 Tips To Surviving A Weekend With Toddlers
So to help me get through a weekend with five kids under the age of five, I follow these tips:
- Schedule: It’s the weekend so we don’t have a particularly strict schedule we go by. However, we still make sure to eat meals on schedule as well as making sure we start the bedtime routine by 8pm with diaper changes, potty breaks, and books. Keeping the main components of the day on time helps keep sanity in the home.
- Snacks: Food can be a cure all for many toddlers! So with five younger ones, I make sure to provide a morning snack, afternoon snack, and bedtime snack to keep those monster munchie crabbies away.
- Music: Pandora is my best friend on crazy, kid-filled weekends. There’s nothing like a fun dance party to get everyone in a good mood. Or some smooth sleepy-time music leading into nap time and bed time.
- Classic Toys: I have a variety of classic, no fail toys and activities ready to go. From coloring and play-dough to building blocks and the favorite Step2 Rocking Horse.
- Flexibility: Seriously, when all else fails, keeping calm and going with the flow is a sanity saver.
Step2 Carousel Pony Rocking Horse
Having some classic, well-made toys that can handle the use and abuse that toddlers provide is a must. One that works for multiple ages is even better! So that’s where the Step2 Carousel Pony Rocking Horse comes in.
The minimal assembly required is simply a couple of stickers (eyes and colorful decal for the back) and then slipping the handle grips on. That’s it! Literally, 60 seconds tops.
My favorite part about this Rocking Horse is the fact that it’s perfect for multiple ages! The 17 month old all the way through my five year old love it! It’s truly a classic that never goes out of style. And because it’s built with the quality known by Step2, it’s durable and should last a long time! We here at Thrifty Nifty Mommy LOVE Step2 and this horse is another hit!
Want a chance to win your very own Step2 Carousel Pony Rocking Horse?! Just enter the GT widget below. Good luck!