As you all know, there is so much to do when preparing for the birth of your baby. Somethings can be done in advance, like preparing the nursery for the baby. But, some things are often pushed off to the last minute, like preparing the vehicle to bring baby home. And what else? Ooh yeah, packing the hospital bag! I collaborated with Ashton’s Arrivals to show you the easiest way to pack your hospital bag with Ashton’s Arrivals Luxury Collection pre-packed hospital bag. This item was gifted to me in exchange for my honest review.
When To Pack Your Hospital Bag
There is no right or wrong time to pack your hospital bag. In preparation for this post, I polled my friends to see when others packed their bags. I heard everything from over 2 months before their due date to after contractions started! Only you can decide when the timing is right for you. Most advise packing around week 37. But my main suggestion is to find the easiest way to pack your hospital bag, which is using Ashton’s Arrivals prepacked hospital bag.
My plan is to follow the easiest way to pack your hospital bag by using Ashton’s Arrival Luxury Collection prepacked hospital bag. I want to have everything packed and ready to go by 36 weeks, just in case my baby comes early. Then have a “last minute” packing list for my husband with detailed directions of where to find any last minute items, such as my cell phone charger and glasses. This plan will be taped on the door so he can’t miss it when the time comes!
The Easiest Way To Pack Your Hospital Bag
Ashton’s Arrivals is your one-stop online shop for preparing your hospital bag for delivery. They sell pre-packed, luxury delivery bags, which is the one I received for this review. This bag is packed full of the essentials for you and your partner when it comes to your hospital stay. Here is a short list of what is included in the luxury bag. Check out their website for the full list and see why this really is the easiest way to pack your hospital bag.
- Dove Shampoo, conditioner, body wash & deodorant
- Lip Balm & Lotion
- No Rinse Bathing Wipes and No Rinse Shampoo
- Preparation H Totables Wipes x5
- Toothpaste, two toothbrushes, and mouth rinse
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
- Granola Bar, mints and granola
- Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads x 10
- Novelty No Slip Socks x 3
- Cosmetic bag
- Earth Mama Herbal Perineal Spray, Organic Nipple Butter, Belly Oil & Butter, Skin & Scar Balm
- Designer Baby Memory Book
- Luxury Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Nursing Gown and Fleece Robe
All of this comes in a beautiful, well made and long lasting bag that can be used time and time again.
Ashton’s Arrivals sells a variety of bags and products ranging from $8 to nearly $300. In my opinion, the easiest way to pack your hospital bag is to have it prepacked. Of course, some people might want to go a different route and that is why Ashton’s Arrivals sells a variety of prepacked bags as well as individual products. When comparing Ashton’s Arrivals to the competitors, this company is hands down my favorite. Their products are the brand names known and trusted by moms and moms to be. It is clear that each item was carefully hand-selected to ensure that everything you need was thought out in detail.
My Favorite Items
Floral Gown With Matching Kimono Robe Set
- Snap all the way down the back to ensure you will have full coverage from behind
- Snaps on both sides of your breastbone to nurse discretely and comfortably on each side
- Unsnap front flap completely for easy skin to skin breastfeeding
- Super Soft 100% cotton fabric
- Satin ribbon sash is removable and can be tied in the back or the front
Delivery Photo Book
- Record all of you baby’s most precious moments and milestones with this baby book
- Space for photos and journaling
Maternity/ Diaper Bag
- Dimensions are: 17 x 13 x 7 inches
- Matching padded changing mat
- Durable stroller straps and adjustable shoulder straps
- 4 exterior pockets and 6 easy to clean insulated interior pockets.
- Metal feet to keep off the floor
Earth Momma products
- Skin and Scar Balm
- Belly Butter
- Belly Oil
- Herbal Perineal Spray
- Organic Nipple Butter
What Else I Am Packing
Although Ashton’s Arrivals pre-packed delivery bag really is the easiest way to pack your hospital bag and has nearly everything you need, there are just a few more things I am adding to mine.
- My Birth Plan: A detailed description of my hopes and desires for labor, delivery, and care for me and baby during our stay.
- Clothes: Coming home outfit for me, my husband and baby. As well as nursing bras and tank tops.
- Entertainment: cell phone, camera, laptop, chargers, a book for myself and my husband and a deck of cards.
- Baby necessities: swaddle, lightweight blanket, and car seat.
- Documents: Insurance card, family contact information, pediatrician’s contact information.
If you are pregnant, I would highly recommend investing in Ashton’s Arrivals prepacked delivery bag. Just ask my husband how excited I was when my bag arrived! I was literally singing and dancing while going through it! You really can’t put a price tag on the peace of mind AND time saved when you don’t have to do the daunting task of buying and packing everything yourself! I have quickly realized how rapidly my energy is drained now that I am in the third trimester. This bag is truly a lifesaver and hands down the easiest way to pack your hospital bag. It would also make an amazing (early) Push Present or baby shower gift for any momma to be!