I’m a softie for sweet treats but prefer to find healthier options when possible. Fresh fruit is always at the top of my list and whether I’m throwing a party or just having a bowl at home, a sweet fruit dip always makes it even better. This easy Fruit Dip Recipe is creamy, fresh, and super sweet… but the best part is that it’s made with just 2 simple ingredients!
Use Fruit Dip In A Variety Of Ways
Did you realize that Fruit Dip isn’t just for fruit? Check out these other great ways to serve it up:
- Serve this yummy fruit dip with Nilla Wafers to ‘spice them up’.
- Pair with Teddy Grahams for a great dipping sauce.
- Drop a dollop on an Angel Food Cake for flair.
- Dip pretzels or pretzel rods for a salty and sweet combo.
- Slather Naan bread for a delicious carb snack.
- Serve it up with any type of crackers, cookies, or cakes of choice for a sweet flavor boost.
Fruit Dip is a great option that goes over well for larger crowds as well as smaller groups. It’s the perfect appetizer pair for movie nights, game nights, or backyard fun with friends. I also love seeing it at bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, and basically any family gathering.
Adding a fruit dip to your child’s plate encourages them to try new fruits they may otherwise skip out on. ‘Dips’ are always a hit, especially with the younger crowd when it comes to trying new foods.
While my go-to warm dip is this Rotel Cheese Dip, a fresh fruit dip is my favorite cold option.
Simple Ingredients With Flair
One of the biggest reasons this easy fruit dip recipe became such a hit is because it’s made using just simple ingredients that you can get at your local grocery store. As a matter of fact, you might already have them in your home! Plus, it takes just 3 minutes to whip up and can feed up a group of 10 to 16 people. It’s perfect for large gatherings but also works extremely well as a last minute addition to the fruit platters on your dessert or snack table.
What You’ll Need For This Fruit Dip Recipe
As I mentioned above, this recipe requires just a couple very simple ingredients.
- Cream Cheese: I actually keep several blocks of cream cheese in our freezer at all times as it’s such a great addition to a variety of recipes. For this recipe, be sure to use the original flavor in full fat version.
- Marshmallow Creme: While I typically have one of these in my pantry for a couple baking goodies, I also like to have on hand so I can throw together this fruit dip with minimal notice.
- Fresh Fruit or Other Foods To Dip: Feel free to experiment and explore with this! Try a variety of foods to find your favorites!
Why We Love This Recipe
As a busy mom to six, who also homeschools as well as lives on a dairy farm; I just don’t have a lot of spare time. I like to find recipes that wow but also are QUICK to whip up. This one fits the bill! It literally takes 3 minutes to whip up.
How To Make This Easy, Classic Marshmallow Fruit Dip
Mix your ingredients together. In a glass mixing bowl, beat together your softened cream cheese and marshmallow creme using a hand mixer. Beat until creamy and smooth, about 2 minutes.
Serve. Transfer your marshmallow creme fruit dip to the serving dish of your choice. You can then literally serve your fresh fruit dip immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until needed.
Best Tips For Success
- Bring your cream cheese to room temp before beating. I mentioned above that I always keep some in my freezer. When I know I’ll be needing one, I just toss it in a sink of hot water, still sealed in it’s package to prevent any liquid from getting inside. It typically thaws very quickly this way.
- Quantity: This fruit dip recipe works great for 10-12 people. But keep in mind that not all guests will use it with their snack options. I recently hosted a party of 30 and made a single batch of fruit dip.
- Consider prepping about 1 pound of fruit for every 4 guests to ensure you’ll have enough fruit for dipping.
Additional Storage Notes:
- Fridge: You can store leftover dip in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: This fruit dip can also be placed in a freezer-safe airtight container and frozen for up to one month. Be sure to fully thaw and stir the dip well to enjoy it again.
Print This Simple 2 Ingredient Fruit Dip Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, room temp
- 1 (7 ounce) jar of marshmallow creme
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and marshmallow creme for about 2 minutes or until it's creamy and smooth.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Store leftover dip in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Maraschino cherry variation: Just add 2 tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice to your fruit dip for a pop of pink color and a hint of cherry flavor.
Citrus variation: Add the zest and juice of 1 orange for a citrus flavor punch! Give lemon and lime a try too as they are also good citrus choices to add some flair.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
These nutritional facts are offered only as an estimate and could vary slightly.
Feeling snack-y? We’ve got some more great snack-a-licious recipes for you to try!