Summertime Sundays mean a lot to our family. First we head off to church. Then, the rest of the day is typically spent on family bike rides and picnics at local parks. It’s a great way to hang out with family while also getting some exercise and nourishment. This Sunday tradition has been going on for a couple years now and even if it rains, we grill in a garage and still hang out. While the main course is usually the same as we grill burgers, hotdogs, and chicken, the sides are an array of fresh fruits, salads, and desserts. One of my favorite salads happens to be my aunt’s Creamy Chicken Pasta Salad. I just make it in the morning, pop it a cooler, and it’s chilled and ready come lunch time! It’s really yummy and always a hit.
- 16 Ounces Pasta (any style)
- 1 Can Chicken
- 1/3 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Diced Peppers (I use a variety of red, green, orange, or yellow.)
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Dash Of Milk
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse thoroughly, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat mayo, sugar, and dash of milk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add pasta, drained chicken, frozen peas, diced peppers, shredded cheese, and creamy mixture.
- Mix well.
- Eat immediately or chill till served.
Family Bike Ride Time With Islabikes!
Now to work off that delicious lunch, it’s time to hit the local trails. The perfect bike for our daughter to do that happens to be the Islabikes Beinn 26″ Small. This particular bike is designed for kids ages 8 and up with a minimum inseam of 24 ½ inches and overall height of at least 53 inches. Available in either red or teal, it comes packed with features that make it a great choice for flat riding, mountain biking, family bike rides, and any cycling adventure.
The Islabikes Beinn 26 Small Features:
- Lightweight Design: The 20 pound total weight of the Beinn means that our 12 year old daughter can easily lift and maneuver this bike with ease.
- Easy Assembly
- 8 Speed: This wide-ratio Sram X4 gears has a light action shifter for easy riding and shifting.
- Multi-Surface Tires: These tires are lightweight, puncture resistant, and feature reflective sidewalls.
- Chromoly Forks
- Lightweight Wheels: The wheels also feature quick release hubs.
- Bell: Every Beinn Bike comes equipped with a bell which, in all honestly, is fun for every age!
- Complementary Spare Tube & Hex Wrench Set: Great to have for those emergency repairs.
- **Additional Accessories Also Available
An important aspect of riding a bike is making sure kids have the correct size bicycle. Cycling skills can be developed more quickly and safely when children are comfortable, which helps boost their self-esteem and confidence. Since our daughter was previously riding a bike that was much too small, she was thrilled to see her new Beinn 26 Small arrive.
Ever since switching over to this new bike that is actually her size, Hannah’s confidence has completely blossomed. I didn’t mention it before but she only learned how to ride bike less than a year ago. Even though we’ve tried teaching her before, it was just something she wasn’t interested in and, after a couple good falls, was completely disregarded for years.
Now with a high quality Isla Beinn Bike, she’s super excited to hit the trails. Family bike rides are no longer a dreaded event for her as she’s the one suggesting them now! She says that her new bike makes riding so easy that she wishes she would have gotten it years ago.