I partnered with Jak & Peppar to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
Back when I was pregnant with our first child, I was elated to discover we were having a girl. Then followed three amazing boys. And our fifth, and most likely final biological child, was another girl. Now, that means for our girls, there’s quite a big age span. Hannah is now 12 1/2 and Lucy just turned 3, bringing the difference to 8 1/2 years. But honestly, age doesn’t really matter. My sister and I are under 2 years apart and, unfortunately, have never had that close “sister/sister” bond. So to help foster a relationship between our girls, we take purposeful strides.
8 Ways To Foster A Close Relationship Between Sisters
- Share A Room: While I know that kids of a certain age may even balk this idea, living in the same room means midnight conversations and extra laughs. Not to mention someone near by when you’re lonely or scared.
- Girls Days: Especially as the girls get older, heading out together with them on a “girls” day is great for bonding. Let them choose an activity, restaurant, etc. and help foster that friendship.
- Encourage Play: Age doesn’t really matter. Whether it’s play dough, dolls, or games, there’s always SOMETHING that sisters can do together.
- Bake: If there’s a big age gap like with my girls, have the older sister be in charge and encourage her to teach her little sis. My girls LOVE to work together in the kitchen, even if Lucy can only dump and stir.
- Delve Into Books: It doesn’t matter if the parent is reading, one of the sisters, or the girls taking turns, diving into books together offers a joint experience that they share together and can discuss. So many adventures await, the possibilities are endless.
- Dance Parties: This is our 12 year old’s favorite thing to do with her sister. They crank up the music and dance around the house. Because Lucy is so much younger, Hannah can easily swing and twirl her for even more squeals of delight.
- Play Dress Up: Honestly, NOBODY is too old to dress up…..(adult costume parties anyone!) Whether using play clothes or digging old outfits out of a trunk, kids especially enjoy dressing up. They can throw their cares aside and just be in the moment as they play pretend.
- Coordinate Outfits: My girls LOVE when they wear matching (or identical!) outfits. With the bigger age gap, it’s hard to find the exact same outfits in both sizes but they are just as pleased when they are coordinating. Watching them light up when I find them new matching outfits is so delightful.
Stylish, Spunky, & Free Spirited Fun
Everyone knows how tough life can be and Jak & Peppar‘s mission is to bring confidence and spirit to young girls everywhere. In that, part of their hope is to build awareness and put a stop to bullying while giving young women the confidence to stay true to themselves and grow up strong and self aware. Their clothing line really encompasses their passion and they offer beautiful detailed pieces with many even using special dyes, hand embroideries, and a multitude of unique laces and trim.
Jak & Peppar
The unique and free boho styles offered by Jak & Peppar are beyond adorable. Both of our girls absolutely adore the pieces they received! Lucy just turned 3 in September and she’s wearing size 3 in the following:
Hannah chose a delightful outfit that coordinates perfectly with Lucy. She’s 12 1/2 now and is wearing size 14 in the following:
As you can see, Jak & Peppar fashions are really awesome! The fashionable boho styles look great on everyone and these pieces are especially nice for the impending Fall and Winter season.
Watching our two girls grow up and closer together day after day is so rewarding as a parent. I pray that their bond will continue to prosper as the years go and that they will always be able to count on each other. Because everyone deserves a friend they can always trust to be there. The especially lucky ones also get to call them a sister!
Buy It: Head over to Jak & Peppar to see for yourself the great selection of fashions they offer.