This is a sponsored post on behalf of Home Science Tools. All opinions are my own.
Learning and discovery are missing in so many toys these days. Though there are plenty of great products with new technology, many of them still require kids to be connected to electronic and screen devices in order to use them effectively. I love products that help my kids explore the world around them and encourage hands-on learning. The Rock Hound’s Backpack Kit is perfect for the little geologist in your family and will unlock an even greater desire to dig deeper into discoveries just outside their own front door!
Do you have a “rock hound” who’s always asking you questions? “Why are rocks different colors? Why are there different kinds of rocks in different places? What are rocks made of?” They can discover these answers and more with this unique rock collecting starter kit!
Strap on this sturdy backpack filled with everything you need to explore the surprising world of rocks and minerals. The Rock Hound’s Backpack Kit is the perfect, ready-to-go rock collecting starter kit to begin or advance your geologic adventure.
Until you have the right tools to examine them, the multitude of rock types, structures, and their properties can go unnoticed. The Rock Hound’s Backpack Kit comes with real tools for rock collecting, testing, and identifying. You’ll get to use a mineral test kit and hardness scale set to help identify rocks. Learn how to test for important properties of rocks and minerals, such as hardness, color streak, and more. Use the field guide book to identify and classify all the interesting rocks and minerals you find. And examine the internal structures of rocks, wearing your safety goggles and using a rock pick to break apart rocks and split open the included crack-open crystal geode. Finally, you can record your findings in the nature notebook and show off your collections in the display box.
Rock Hound’s Backpack Kit
- Nature Backpack – Rock hounds can head out into the field with all their rock-collecting tools stored in this comfortable and compact pack. Padded shoulder straps and back.
- Rock Pick – This heavy-duty steel rock pick is a must for the serious rock collector! The head has a hammer on one end and a pointed pick on the other for chiseling off specimens.
- Safety Goggles – These goggles are important to protect kids’ eyes while they’re using the rock pick.
- Rock and Mineral Test Kit – Contains instructions and materials to test for properties such as color, hardness, acidity (acid not included), and magnetism. Includes a 5x/10x double-lens magnifier.
- Mineral Hardness Scale Set – This set of nine Mohs Scale of Hardness minerals lets kids test the hardness of their specimens and see how soft or hard rocks can be.
- Crack-Open Geode – Use the rock pick to discover crystals or unique mineral deposits inside.
- Nature Notebook – A small spiral-bound notebook with blank pages that is great for keeping notes, recording test results, and making drawings of rocks and minerals that are too large to collect.
- Rocks and Minerals Golden Guide – With full-color illustrations and easy-to-read text, anyone can use this guide to learn about and identify common rocks and minerals.
- Rock and Mineral Display Box – This box with 15 compartments is a great place to store or display a growing rock and mineral collection!
- Specimen Collection Bags – 15 plastic bags of varying sizes for collecting and sorting rock samples on the go (and keeping the backpack clean!).
- Instructions – Our instructions include information about the Mohs hardness scale, plus tips on collecting, identifying, and labeling rocks and minerals.
This hands-on rock collecting starter kit is designed for kids who love rocks! It comes with all the tools they need for exploration, in one convenient carry-all.
Ready for some “Rockin;” excitement? Click HERE to check out the Rock Hound Backpack Kit!
Visit Home Science Tools to find hundreds of other science and STEM activities! Follow them on their social media pages to learn about new products and promotions! Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest/YouTube