Did you know that pets play an important role in life? More than just looking adorable that is. There have been studies that show there are health benefits to pet owners even! So whether you have a pet right now or are considering one in the future. I’m excited to partner with GiftsForYouNow to share some health benefits of owning a pet as well as great personalized pet gifts.
Health Benefits To Owning A Pet
Most pet owners can feel the difference owning a pet makes in their life. Along with that unconditional love comes even more positive results. A variety of health benefits including:
- Decreases Stress: According to studies, pets actually help decrease stress levels. So much so, that rehabilitation facilities and even nursing homes sometimes utilize them. Lower stress tends to equal more happiness.
- Increases Exercise Opportunities: Depending on the pet, owners tend to be more active than those without animal companions. Whether taking a dog for a walk or even just the extra trips to the pet store. Pets tend to bring about more movement.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Having a pet tends to offer the potential of lowering blood pressure. Especially found beneficial in higher risk patients. This probably ties into the lower stress levels benefit.
- Helps With Socialization: Mental and emotional benefits to owning a pet also include increased socialization. Whether hitting the dog park and running into other dog owners or just striking up a conversation on the bus. Talking about your pet gives a safe conversation topic that most people feel comfortable engaging in.
- Prevents Heart Attacks & Strokes: Pet owners can experience a 30-40% decrease in the likelihood of having a heart attack or stroke! But if you do happen to have a cardiovascular episode, dog owners have a better survival rate.
- Decreases Loneliness: Having an animal companion that you can count on being with you each day is a great cure for loneliness. Most pet owners thrive in the knowledge of knowing they will not be alone. Plus, this ties into socialization with others too.
All American Pet Photo Day Is July 11th
Have you taken a photo of your pet? Or, even better, with your pet? We live on a farm so we have pets both indoors and out. Check out some of our adorable crew:
Our sweet Sammy was my very first puppy. We got him during our first year of marriage after I suffered a miscarriage. He was great therapy and helped me get through that hard time. He is now about 15 years old (in people years) and slowing down. But still such a big part of our family.
Bear is the newest dog family member. We got him about 2 1/2 years ago as our old farm dog passed away (at about 16 years old.) While the puppy stage was tough as he ate more shoes and good winter coats than I care to acknowledge, he is now one of the most loyal dogs ever. I couldn’t imagine life without him.
Jojo was our little black lab that we got at the end of last year. Sadly, she was hit (by a car?) just a couple months after getting her. My husband found her on the edge of the road one afternoon. Which was extremely hard on everyone. She never played on the road so we don’t know exactly what happened as nobody stopped. Jojo was an amazing puppy and so smart. We had been so excited to add her to our family and it was an especially tough loss for the kids. Our youngest, 3 year old Lucy, will still walk up to complete strangers and tell them that Jojo died and she’s sad. And it’s been almost 7 months. 🙁
On the right, we have our sweet little Angel. She is our 3# Yorkie that is everything we didn’t realize we needed. The perfect napping buddy, she is every bit a lap dog. Her sweet personality is immediately evident and everyone falls in love with her quickly.
Finally, The Feline Family Member
Our one family member that is a feline. Well, that is, if you don’t count the 25-30 barn cats that we have outside. Our indoor feline family member is Rosie. After rescuing her from the wall in the barn. (Still not sure how she got in there as my husband actually had to cut a hole in the wall to get her out.) We bottle fed her and loved her back to life. –Side note. Rosie is actually a HE! But you can read all about that story over here.
So while I never thought I was a cat person, Rosie is most definitely a favorite around here too. She is such a personable cat. And her fluffy hair and long ear tufts really make her stand out. Many people comment on how nice a cat she is. The kids can do practically anything with her and she doesn’t even mind. Lucy actually plays “cat and mouse” with her. They chase each other and it’s hilarious to watch.
So that’s our current round up of pets. While I feel that we are at a max, I’ll never say never. Because if the right pet comes along, I know we would open our hearts, hands, and home to more.
Celebrate With Personalized Pet Gifts From GiftsForYouNow
If you’re looking to celebrate your pets with personalized pet gifts this year, head over to GiftsForYouNow. They have an amazing selection of products that can be customized to your liking. Here are just a few options:
Personalized Plaid Pet Food Bowl
This ceramic bowl comes in a variety of plaid colors and can be personalized with your pet’s name. Super cute and perfect for food or water.
Personalized Pet Word-Art Mat
I don’t know about you but our pets tend to be a little messy around their food dishes. So this personalized pet mat is a great help. But you could also use it outside the dog house, cat litter box, or anywhere. Compile your favorite phrases and select your color scheme and symbols for a great idea for personalized pet gifts.
Personalized Paw Print Dog Bone Tag
Every furry family member deserves a custom tag. Something to let others know their name and even a contact number should they get lost. And GiftsForYouNow offers this personalized paw print tag in either a bone or heart shape. I love the peace of mind knowing that should our Bear go missing, whoever finds him can call us.
Personalized Sleeps Here Dog Pillow
It’s never been easier to give your special pet their very own resting space. This Personalized Dog Pillow measures in at 12″ by 18″. So it’s great little head pillow for your animals. (NOTE: This is not a dog bed or mat. It’s an actual pillow for your pet!)
Personalized Pet Gifts Giveaway
And now is your chance to win a personalized pet gifts giveaway from GiftsForYouNow! One of our lucky readers will receive a Personalized Ceramic Pet Bowl, valued at $20. The winner can choose from several design and color options as well as customize with up to 8 characters. This giveaway is open to the Continental US only. Just enter the giveaway widget below for your chance. Good luck!