Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hot Ash Stoves, iZZi Foods, Thermacell, Goosefeet Gear, IceMule Coolers. All opinions are my own.
Just a couple weeks ago, Ben and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. For some of you that’s baby years and for some it seems miles away. We’ve been through a lot in those 11 years but one thing is for sure; life has brought us closer together, shown us how fast the years go by, and that some days (unlike how Captain and Tennille would have us believe) it’s taken more than love to keep us together (lots of our faith, family, and determination go a long way!). A couple weeks ago, my husband said the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard, “Babe, if you wanna go down the river…I guess I’ll go down the river too”. This is a pretty big step coming from a guy that grew up near Detroit. But he’s grown to love everything the country life has to offer and this year we decided we’d truly get away. Get away from technology. Get away from the hustle and bustle of town and people. Get away from everyone and everything but each other. Our perfect getaway included an overnight kayaking trip down the Shenandoah River, and some great new outdoor gear that helped to make our adventure perfect!
The portability of a backpack. The ice-keeping performance of a hard cooler.
With fabric that is 2x thicker and reinforced seams, this is an everyday cooler designed to be as tough and high-performance as technical outdoor gear that can cost much more.
IceMule Classic – Medium (15L) Dimensions & Capacity – 10″ diameter x 16″ tall when closed.
There is no other cooler like an IceMule. We combined the portability of a backpack with the performance of a hard cooler, so you can take your cooler anywhere. Every IceMule equipped with a padded strap, meaning the IceMule is easy to carry. And, with no zippers, the IceMule is easy to get in and out of. Plus, our welded seams & PolarLayerTM insulation make the IceMule is completely waterproof and keeps contents ice cold for 24 hours+.
- MuleSkinEVTM – More than 2x thicker than most soft coolers, the IceMule Classics inner & outer layers create a durable shell that protects the PolarLayerTM insulation and will stand up to the toughest demands.
- PolarLayerTM – Insulating foam keeps contents cold for up to 24 hours. Plus – only the IceMule’s IM AirValveTM lets you add air for extra insulation.
- IM AirValveTM – This unique feature allows air to be added to the insulation layer (enhancing insulation) and releases air so the cooler can roll up for travel & storage.
If you are into kayaking, canoeing, or anything on the water you NEED one of these coolers! I can attest that this truly is 100% waterproof because we ended up hitting a pretty high Class II rapid and my husband failed to keep his kayak upright. Our IceMule Cooler was attached to the back of his boat and was completely dunked – but water did not seep in. It was great to be able to throw the IceMule right over our shoulder while we were hauling our gear and even with the medium size, I was able to fit 6 waters, a ziplock of chicken, a ziplock of veggies, plus a package of sausage and a 6-egg container (plus ice) into our cooler. Most of it was melted by the morning time, but looking back, I probably filled our cooler with more “stuff” and should have left a little more room for ice. Live and learn right?
Either way, we loved it and I’m so excited we have this in our permanent gear supply as we will undoubtedly use it all the time! Beach, lake, and of course the river (we’re going out again next week!). I’m a big fan of IceMule Coolers!
Click HERE to visit the IceMule Coolers and to purchase your own IceMule Cooler (Cooler pictured above – $59.99).
IceMule Social Media:
There’s nothing that can ruin an outdoor event like bugs! I was super excited when I discovered Thermacell and all of their amazing products. Just turn them on and bugs are gone!
The Thermacell MR450 Mosquito Repeller effectively repels mosquitoes and other biting insects by creating a 15 x 15-foot zone of protection for bug-free comfort. Built to be tough enough for any adventure, the MR450 will quickly become an essential piece of gear. Thermacell Repellers have been evaluated by the EPA for safety and effectiveness.
- Rubber armored
- Zone of Protection indicator
- Accessory mounting system
- Reengineered grill
- Ergonomic design
- Repels mosquitoes, black flies and other flying insects
- Thermacell products create a 15’ x 15’ zone of protection in minutes that lasts for hours
- Includes three original repellent mats lasting four hours each, providing 12 total hours of repellency
- Uses Thermacell butane cartridge refills for mosquito repellent function; each cartridge lasts up to 12 hours
- Silent, virtually odor-free, no open flame