I have to say, I’m a softy for a REALLY good cookie. (Think, an ooey gooey Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!) I used to tease my husband and call him a cookie monster as he’d eat every cookie in sight. Turns out, age is making me the same way! I love when there’s a delicious cookie in front of me. And I’m not entirely fussy on the kind but do have a few faves. One of which I’m sharing today!
Outrageously Delicious Cookie Combination
My soft spot especially lands with the Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip options. There’s something about that triple combination that makes them unbeatable. I could eat these cookies every single week! Pour a big glass of milk and it makes the perfect bedtime snack!
Big Fat Cookies – Secret Tips
If you have envy over those photos of the perfect cookies, look no further. I have a secret tip for you. Well, actually a couple.
- First off, be sure to follow the recipe closely. Pay attention to details like mixing times.
- The second tip is to make sure you refrigerate this dough as instructed.
- Thirdly, don’t over bake unless you’re looking for a crispy cookie! Once the edges are slightly brown, get them out and let them finish baking on the pan for 5 additional minutes.
- Those 5 minutes of ‘baking/cooling’ time on the pan are important. Please don’t skip!
- Finally, once the cookies come out of the oven, gently press a couple of additional chocolate chips on top. This gives the perfect finishing touch for a magazine-worthy cookie!
Outrageously Delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This recipe explodes with delicious flavors. It’s our go-to and is loved by everyone.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark will work)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips + additional for topping
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt into a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (I prefer a stand mixer), beat butter until smooth. Minimum of 1 minute.
- Add the white and brown sugars. Beat for 2 additional minutes.
- Then add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla. Continue beating for 1 minute, scraping sides when necessary.
- Add the dry ingredients you had mixed in step 1 into the stand mixer bowl. Gently combine on low.
- Then add the oats and continue mixing until those are combined as well.
- Finally add the chocolate chips and mix for an additional minute.
- Cover the bowl and chill dough in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (If convection oven, drop to 325 degrees.)
- Line your baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place large tablespoons of cookie dough onto pan, about 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and gently top each cookie with a couple additional chocolate chips.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on cooling racks.
Once completely cool, store cookies in an air tight container.
Between baking batches, place the dough back in the refrigerator to keep it cool.
Let pans cool between batches too.
So tell me, what’s your favorite kind of cookie? If you’re a huge fan of peanut butter like me, you might also enjoy this peanut butter crisp delight recipe or this peanut butter krispy treat recipe. Chocolate chip fan? Check out this no-bake chocolate chip granola recipe or this pumpkin chocolate chip muffins recipe – a favorite of ours especially in the fall!