This No Bake Unicorn Cereal Dessert Bars Recipe is sponsored by Honeycomb. All opinions are my own.
Confession – I love cereal! I have it almost every morning for breakfast, and often times, I have it as a snack before bed. The kids love it too. Some enjoy it with milk, some without, but generally, we eat cereal in this house on a daily basis.
One of the favorites in this house is Honeycomb cereal. It’s a classic that never goes out of style! I remember my mom buying it for me. I would always get so excited when I saw her put a box into the shopping cart. Now I’m the mom and I get to watch as my kids get excited for it too! Honeycomb’s big honey flavor and big crunch make it the perfect breakfast or snack option. Honeycomb combines sweetened corn and unique hexagonal shapes with big honey flavor, making it a staple for kids and cereal lovers nationwide.
I also love to make other snacks out of cereal. Today I wanted to share one of our favorite, easy no-bake desserts. The kids especially love how colorful this recipe is!
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups Post Honeycomb cereal
- 16 ounces of vanilla/white chocolate (I like CandiQuik because it melts easily in the microwave. You can find it in the baking isle)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup small marshmallows
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Line an 8×8 glass pan with parchment paper.
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan on medium/low heat. Once melted, add almonds and saute until lightly browned. Add dried cranberries and continue to saute for 1 minute, then set aside.
- Pour Honeycomb Cereal into a large bowl
- Combine the honey, marshmallows, peanut butter and half of the chocolate in a microwavable dish. Warm for 30 seconds. Stir. If not fully melted, continue to warm in 15 second increments until everything is melted.
- Pour over cereal and mix together well.
- Pour into 8×8 container and spread evenly.
- Melt the remaining chocolate then spread evenly over the top.
- Finish by adding assorted rainbow sprinkles.
- Freeze the dish for 30 minutes so the dessert can set, the cut into squares or bars.
How do you enjoy your favorite Post cereals? Are you a cereal is strictly for breakfast kind of person, or do you enjoy a bowl as an evening snack, or even create delicious recipes for your own family with it?
Honeycomb wants cereal-lovers to “think biggerer” by bringing the classic cereal back to the table for a bigger breakfast option. For Honeycomb, thinking big is not big enough. Each spoonful of classic Honeycomb cereal is bursting with honey flavor for a “biggerer” breakfast option. If you’re a Honeycomb fan (and really, who isn’t?!) they’d like you to join them in thinking as big as you possibly can, by making breakfast “biggerer” than ever before!
How do YOU make your breakfast (or after-school dessert, like me) biggerer? I’d love to hear about how you enjoy Honeycomb in the comments below!
I’m partnering with Honeycomb today to give one lucky reader their own box of Honeycomb PLUS a $25 Visa gift card! If you’d like a chance, just enter using the Giveaway Tools entry form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: This giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram. All opinions are my own. Honeycomb is responsible for prize fulfillment.