Little, Brown sent me a copy to check out, and is partnering with me for a giveaway!
Are you looking for a new book for your 9-12 year old this holiday season? Look no further! Let me tell you about the brand new book, Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow from author Jessica Townsend.
About Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow
A breathtaking, enchanting new series by debut author Jessica Townsend, about a cursed girl who escapes death and finds herself in a magical world–but is then tested beyond her wildest imagination
Morrigan Crow is cursed. Having been born on Eventide, the unluckiest day for any child to be born, she’s blamed for all local misfortunes, from hailstorms to heart attacks–and, worst of all, the curse means that Morrigan is doomed to die at midnight on her eleventh birthday.
But as Morrigan awaits her fate, a strange and remarkable man named Jupiter North appears. Chased by black-smoke hounds and shadowy hunters on horseback, he whisks her away into the safety of a secret, magical city called Nevermoor.
It’s then that Morrigan discovers Jupiter has chosen her to contend for a place in the city’s most prestigious organization: the Wundrous Society. In order to join, she must compete in four difficult and dangerous trials against hundreds of other children, each boasting an extraordinary talent that sets them apart–an extraordinary talent that Morrigan insists she does not have. To stay in the safety of Nevermoor for good, Morrigan will need to find a way to pass the tests–or she’ll have to leave the city to confront her deadly fate.
Perfect for fans of the Harry Potter series and Neil Gaiman, this fast-paced plot and imaginative world has a fresh new take on magic that will appeal to a new generation of readers.
About the Author
Jessica Townsend lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia, but has lived on and off in London for a few years. She was a copywriter for eight years, and in a previous role, was the editor of a children’s wildlife magazine for Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo. Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow is her first novel.
Praise for the Nevermoor
- “Jessica Townsend’s Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow is more than just a spectacular debut. Exciting, charming, and wonderfully imagined, it’s the sort of delightful, grand adventure destined to be many a reader’s favorite book.” — Trenton Lee Stewart, New York Times bestselling author of The Mysterious Benedict Society series and The Secret Keepers
- “[A] spellbinding debut… Morrigan is a captivating heroine, filled with moxie and wit… Whimsical worldbuilding, humorous dialogue, and colorful supporting characters compliment an adventurous, magic-filled plot that champions bravery, self-confidence, and hope.” — Publishers Weekly, starred review
- “Readers, like Morrigan herself, will feel at home in this evocative novel where magic and confidence go hand in hand. An excellent and exciting work.” — School Library Journal, starred review
Doesn’t this sound like a book your child would love? You can find out more info about this book by visiting the official site. You can purchase it at Amazon or your favorite book retailer. Follow Jessica Townsend on Twitter and Instagram, and follow Little, Brown on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Would you like to win a copy of this new book? Well you’re in luck! I have a great giveaway for you today! One (1) winner receives:
- a copy of Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow
- a branded lapel pin plus Hotel Deucalion pen and notebook;
- AND a $50 Amex gift card to have a wundrous holiday season!
This giveaway is open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Enter using the Giveaway Tools entry form below. Good luck!