If you’ve never tried fruit pizza before, let me tell you that you’re definitely missing out! I had it for the first time at a homeschool mom get-together years ago and haven’t stopped thinking about it (or making it!) since.
Fruit Pizza features a variety of vibrant fruit carefully placed atop a soft sugar cookie crust that’s been smothered in delectable cream cheese frosting. (Is your mouth watering yet? Mine sure is!). I love how this simple dessert is easy to customize and makes the perfect summertime dessert.
- Perfect For Summer — Or Any Time!
- Here’s What You Need To Make This Simple, Easy Fruit Pizza
- Why You Need To Give This Recipe A Try
- Easy To Make With Just 6 Ingredients TOTAL!
- Classic 4 Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting Makes This Recipe Unbeatable
- Best Fruits For You Easy Fruit Pizza
- Print This Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe
- Related Posts
Perfect For Summer — Or Any Time!
Summer and fruit go hand in hand and the combination that becomes fruit pizza definitely has that ‘summery’ vibe. It’s an eye-catching dessert featuring bright colors and fresh in-season fruits and berries. The variations are unending and results stunning. It’s truly a dessert that wows.
Here’s What You Need To Make This Simple, Easy Fruit Pizza
First off, I want to say that you absolutely CAN make the sugar cookie crust from scratch. But since I’m giving you the EASY method, I suggest grabbing a tube of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough instead.
- Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese
- Powder Sugar (aka ‘Confectioners Sugar’)
- Vanilla Extract
- Assortment Of Fruit
Why You Need To Give This Recipe A Try
- It’s so easy to make!
- There’s tons of flavor in each bite.
- The variations of textures are appealing.
- Fruit Pizza is fun to make and a great recipe to do with kids.
- It’s super customizable and each mini ‘pizza’ can be different to suit everyone’s preferences.
- These are easy to serve and can be eaten with hands. (No plates or silverware required!)
- They are visually stunning and take no major skills, odd tools, or special equipment.
Easy To Make With Just 6 Ingredients TOTAL!
No traditional pizza dough needed here! Instead, this yummy fruit pizza features an unbeatable sugar cookie crust that is soft in the center and has a slightly crisp edge. As I mentioned above, you absolutely can use a homemade sugar cookie recipe but my preference is Pillsbury’s Sugar Cookie Dough log.
Using this pre-made dough allows you to save time and skip the typical ingredients such as flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Not only do you save time in prep, you also get to skip ‘refrigerating the dough’ after you make it because this dough is already refrigerated.
So when making the mini sugar crust pizzas, grab your dough log from the fridge, open it up, and slice into 1/4″-1/3″ thick slabs. Immediately place on an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are firm and just barely starting to brown.
Sugar Cookie Crust Q&As
- Can I use another cookie dough or crust? Absolutely! You can try chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, or even a simple peanut butter cookie recipe. Of course, if going for simplicity; grab some pre-made dough from the grocery store in whatever flavor you want to try.
- Do I have to make mini sized pizzas or can I do one large? You absolutely can press the dough into one large ‘pizza’ and place on a round (or rectangle) pizza pan. Then, instead of the fruit pizzas being ‘finger food’, you can slice and serve more like traditional pizza in triangular shaped slices on plates with forks.
Classic 4 Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting Makes This Recipe Unbeatable
You just can’t beat a really good, classic cream cheese frosting and this is it! It’s smooth, creamy, sweet, and spreads with ease on your cookie crust. The four ingredients you’ll need for this ‘sauce’ includes cream cheese, butter, powder sugar, and vanilla. While you can use regular vanilla, I prefer ‘white’ so the frosting stays a crisper white color. Either way, this frosting spread is the perfect mix of sweet and tangy.
Best Fruits For You Easy Fruit Pizza
In short, you really can’t go wrong with any fruit you choose! I always recommend people pick what they love as well as what’s in season. Some great options include:
- Grapes (red, purple, black, or green!)
- Oranges (I actually prefer the canned mandarin!)
Fruits To Avoid: You’ll definitely want to steer clear of any super watery fruits like watermelon as your pizzas will become a soggy mess quickly.
You can also use bananas but be sure to brush with some mandarin orange juice to help prevent them from browning. I tend to just skip them so I don’t have to mess with it or worry about them turning an unpleasant color.
The biggest tip with the fruits are to cut them into small, thin pieces. Truly, the smaller the better! That makes them easier to bite and eat; especially if kids will be enjoying your fruit pizzas too.
Print This Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe
No matter how you decide to customize your fruit pizzas, this dessert is sure to be a winner.
- 16.5 ounce Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Tube
- 8 ounce block of Cream Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Butter (unsalted or salted) - ROOM TEMP!
- 1 1/4 cups powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- assorted fresh fruit
- Preheat your over to 325 degrees.
- Make your 'mini' crusts by slicing your sugar cookie dough into 1/4" to 1/3" thick circles.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Be careful to not over bake!
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, use a hand mixer and beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth -- about 2 minutes.
- Add in the powder sugar and vanilla. Beat for another minute until all ingredients are incorporated and you have a nice smooth consistency. Chill in refrigerator until you're ready to use.
- Cut up the desired fruit you plan to use.
- Once the cookie crusts are completely cool, spread a generous layer of frosting on top. Then arrange fruit as desired.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until serving.
You can make the frosting a day or two in advance if you'd like but it's best to assemble your mini pizzas the day they will be served.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
These nutritional facts are offered only as an estimate and could vary slightly.