I was provided with a Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump at no cost to facilitate this review.
As breastfeeding mom, a quality breast pump is one of my must-have breastfeeding essentials. For that reason, it’s important to research the pumps that are currently on the market. I’m happy to report that I’ve had great success with every Lansinoh breast pump I’ve tried.
You might remember that a few months ago I reviewed the Lansinoh SignaturePro Double Electric Breast Pump. I used it a few times daily for the first 3 months of little Gideon’s life. I pumped a LOT of milk because of extreme engorgement and a large oversupply. So much so that I donated a bunch of it to another baby in need when I ran out of room in my own freezer. I’ve had a lot of experience with that pump and I really love it so I was excited to find out that Lansinoh has just launched a smart pump version of this breast pump — the Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump!
The Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump uses Bluetooth technology to connect seamlessly to the Lansinoh Baby App to track pumping sessions, baby’s activities and more. The pump itself is basically identical to the SignaturePro, with the addition of the Bluetooth capabilities.
The Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump has three pumping styles and eight adjustable suction levels, allowing you to select the setting that works best for you and your breasts. The pump will start out with a two minute session, which is designed to help you achieve a letdown. I have found that it works really well and I usually have a letdown within a minute. Once you have a letdown, you can switch it over manually to the main suction (expression) mode or let it automatically switch over to the main suction mode at the 2 minute mark. I typically switch it manually to save time.
This pump features an LCD screen so you can easily keep track of how long you’ve pumped. I tend to pump for anywhere from 10-15 minutes. There are minimal pieces needed to assemble the bottles for pumping which means less pieces to wash when you’re done (and makes me very happy!).
The SmartPump also comes with a few additional accessories. When you open up the box, you’ll find the following:
- All the tubing needed for pumping
- 2 different sizes of breast flange pairs
- 2 breast flange bodies, diaphragms, caps, white valves (plus 2 extra ones)
- (4) five ounce bottles, 2 nipples
- 2 bottle holders
- a sample milk storage bag and a sample breast pads pack
- a small portable cooler plus cold pack
- a bag to store everything in
- and of course, the pump
Basically, everything you need to get started pumping PLUS some!
As I mentioned before, I already know, use, and love this pump since it’s so similiar to the SignaturePro. It works so well and the bottles that come with it are also great. I couldn’t wait to check out the new app and Bluetooth capabilities. Let me take a few minutes to tell you all about it!
The FREE app has 6 different features:
- Pumping: This feature let’s you keep track of how frequently you pump, the length of your pumping sessions, and the amount of milk you are pumping each session. If you use the Bluetooth capabilities it will automatically input the time and length of pumping session for you or you can also do that manually.
- Breastfeeding: This feature lets you keep track of when you breastfeed (and on which breast) and how long, using a quick and easy stopwatch feature. This is a great way to help you remember which breast you should offer first at the next feeding.
- Bottlefeeding: This feature let’s you track when your baby has a bottle and how many ounces he/she consumes.
- Diapering: This feature helps you track your baby’s diaper changes. You can mark whether they are dirty, wet or both. If your baby has a bowel movement you can chart the color and texture of it.
- Growth: This feature lets you keep track of your baby’s growth (weight, height, and head circumference).
- Resources: This feature provides you with a TON of helpful breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding resources from Lansinoh.
There was a time when I felt like I had a good memory….but not anymore! There is just SO much going on in my life these days, I struggle to remember everything I need to remember. I love how this app helps!! Gideon started not having a bowel movement every day, so this helps me keep track of how many days he’s going in between. I love that I can chart which breast he’s nursing on too because I frequently forget that. Even though I don’t have to pump every day anymore, I think it’s a great way for pumping moms to be able to track their output. You can also share all of this information with your healthcare provider directly from the app via email.
If you’re on the hunt for a breast pump with smart capabilities, I give the Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump two thumbs up. It’s a great piece of baby gear that you’re sure to get a lot of use out of! Plus, make sure you download Lansinoh’s free app to go with it! It’s available for iOS & Android. The pump is available now at your favorite baby retailers, including Amazon.com.
Disclosure: I was provided a Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump at no cost to facilitate this review.