Growing up, pizza was my absolute favorite food, although spaghetti was a close second. Strangely enough, after all these years, I still haven’t had enough! I now make pizza almost weekly for my family. However, instead of the frozen kind that I grew up on, I prefer a variety of homemade styles. Today, I want to share our Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe with you. This works great for an after-school snack but I also make for lunch alongside a salad or fruit.
It All Starts With The Crust
I start this recipe with a base of my Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe. Once my crust has doubled in size, I plop it onto my counter in a pile of flour.
Then I simply roll it out. Honestly, the thinner the better. I actually suggest you divide the dough in half and use one half for each pan to avoid the crust from taking away from all the flavors.
Time For The Homemade Pizza Rolls Magic
After the crust is rolled, give an even coating of your favorite pizza sauce.
Next, take a variety of sliced and shredded cheeses (mozzarella, sharp cheddar, and Parmesan are my go to) and layer over sauce. Basically, there’s no limit. It’s cheese and you can never have enough!
Then it’s time to layer on your toppings. This time, we went with extra large pepperoni slices and sausages for the kids. My husband loves when I add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Be sure to sprinkle over the top with garlic salt and seasoning salt for added flavor.
Now for the hard(er) part. Carefully work the dough and roll into a long tube shape. Make as tight of a roll as possible.
Once completely rolled, pinch edges together to help it stay in place. Then, take a serrated knife and cut into about 1 1/2″ slices.
Divide wedges into two greased 9×13 pans. And then into the oven they go.
When done, serve immediately with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Print The Recipe
- Unbeatable Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 Jar Of Pizza Sauce
- Variety Of Cheese – sliced mozzarella, sliced cheddar, shredded Colby jack, & Parmesan
- Toppings Of Choice – Ex: pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 (9×13) pans and set aside.
- Roll out your Unbeatable Pizza Crust on a flat surface covered with flour. The thinner the better (as long as you can still handle it without tearing too easily.)
- Spread sauce evenly over the top.
- Layer with all your cheese.
- Top the cheese with your toppings of choice.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Carefully roll the pizza into as tight a tube shape as possible.
- Pinch edges together to seal.
- With a serrated knife, cut into about 1 1/2″ wedges.
- Divide wedges between the two baking pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or till done.
- Serve immediately with extra pizza sauce for dipping.