I honestly love cooking for my family. This wasn’t always the case though. Making meals seemed like more of a chore when it was just my husband and I but, with more mouths now, I love it! Seeing a full table with happy faces just makes meal time more fun. But I really have to strive to find things that the entire family will eat. We have the number one Mr. Picky in our family so this is a big challenge for me. One meal that I’ve found to be a success is my Homemade Lasagna and Bread Sticks. Of course, Mr. P. only eats the bread sticks but since six others enjoy the main course, I still call it a win. So today, I partnered with World Kitchen to share my recipe with you!
Family Recipe For The Win!
I got this lasagna recipe from my dad when I first got married. It took me a few years to actually try it, but now it’s on a steady rotation as it gets requested often. I love that it’s fairly easy to make too. Any home cooked meal takes a little time and prep but I find the results to be very worth it!
- 1/2 package Lasagna Noodles
- 1 # Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Seasoning Salt
- 2 (15 ounce) Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 cups Shredded Cheese
- additional Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- While noodles are cooking, put ground beef, chopped onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and seasoning salt into frying pan and brown.
- Once the meat is fully cooked, add tomato sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Coat a 9*13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of noodles in the bottom of pan.
- Top with 1/3 of meat/sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat two times with the final layer topped with all the remainder cheese (2 cups).
- Sprinkle a little Italian Seasoning over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or till cheese is bubbly.
The results = PERFECTLY delicious! It’s the perfect combination of sauce, cheese, and pasta. The blend of onion and seasonings give it plenty of family friendly flavor too.
The Right Tools Help Make The Cook-
Having the right tools in the kitchen really makes a difference in prep while the final presentation also affects the way food is received. So recently, I was really excited when I had the chance to check out some great new kitchen gear.
First up the PRIME by Chicago Cutlery RT Series was a dream to cut with! Featuring black oxide finish that is both chip and stain resistant while giving a professional look. The ergonomic handle fits into hands while the responsive touch technology also increases comfort. The German MoV Steel Blade ensures superior strength too. Hands down, this knife set features the best quality knives that I’ve ever personally cut with!
Then, it’s all about presentation! Serving food in attractive bake ware and dishes has been shown to affect how foods are received. So the new Pyrex Watercolor Line is a great choice. Uniquely designed so no two are alike, these glass baking dishes and bowls are made in the USA. Dishwasher, microwave, oven, and refrigerator safe makes them multi-purpose too. Useful while also being a statement piece, I love how they look!