After recently purchasing our first family vehicle, the second for our household, I quickly became aware of the inconvenience of only having one forward-facing car seat, and the hassle of having to move it back and forth between cars. When I had the opportunity to review Graco’s new Argos 70 3-in-1 car seat, I jumped at the chance! Graco has long been one of my favorite and go-to brands for baby gear!
When our new car seat arrived and I began to take it out of the box, aside from its striking color, the first thing I noticed was the weight. This was no flimsy plastic car seat – this was sturdy! I immediately felt secure that this car seat would keep my son safe, no matter what we faced on the road. As I, and my excited son, explored the Argos further, we discovered there was even more to this car seat than just its stellar safety. Here are some of the features of this handsome and secure 3-in-1 car seat.
- Higher weight limits for children 20-70 lbs forward-facing in a harness, 30-100 lbs in the belt-positioning booster and 40-120 lbs in the no back belt-positioning booster
- Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness System is safe & simple with a one-hand, no re-thread harness that automatically adjusts
- Side-impact tested* (*In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Argos 70 car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5 point harness system)
- Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
- Steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability
- 3-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy
- One-hand, adjustable headrest easily adapts to your growing toddler’s needs
- EPS, energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- Integrated child’s cup holder keeps drinks close by
- Contoured armrests with cup holder and storage pockets
- Open-loop belt guides help you correctly position your vehicle’s seat belt
I really can’t say enough great things about this car seat! Having 4 children of my own, it gets pretty expensive to buy a new car seat every time they grow into a new stage. I’m looking forward to being able to use the Argos through the remainder of my little one’s entire car seat career. Here’s a closer look at the three modes of the Argos:
At every car seat stage, the Graco Argos offers comfort and safety.
In addition to the outstanding safety benefits that come with the Argos, there are also some added features that are sure to please parents and children. In many other car seats, the cup holders are placed on the side of the car seat. This sometimes works, but if you have more than one child, there’s simply not room to put another child, or another car seat with that little plastic cup holder sticking out the side (which renders it unusable). The Argos has a fantastic cup holder that is placed on top of the arm rest.
You know how those side cup holders never seem to actually hold a sippy cup size? And once your child takes the cup out he can’t seem to get it back in? This cup holder not only cleans up easily, but it’s also big enough to fit most standard sippy cup sizes. It is very easy for my 2 year old to take his cup in and out as we travel.
I also love that this car seat comes with two side storage pockets that make it easy to store your child’s small toys, pacifiers, small books, etc. to use as you travel. My son loves this feature and we both use it all the time. Every week, I’m able to swap out small toys and books in his storage pocket that keep him entertained on short trips around town. He still sometimes uses a pacifier when he is tired, and with the side pockets, I’m able to keep an extra one in his seat which keeps me from having to search or reach for one while driving.
The harness system is easy to work with and the comfort of the material used in this seat is evident simply by looking at it. I love that as my son grows and we change to different stages, I won’t be frustrated and sweating to change it from stage 1 to stage 2. And I love that in every stage, the features and safety that I love so much about this car seat will remain the same.
When we first explored the Graco Argos 3-in-1 in our living room and my youngest son sat in the car seat, my older son remarked “Wow Mom!” “He looks like he could fly in a rocket ship in that car seat.” Now, after using the Graco Argos, I’m confident my son could safely travel to the moon in this car seat – and have fun doing it!