I was provided with a sample at no cost to facilitate this Graco 4Ever All-in-1 Car Seat review.
The versatile Graco 4Ever All-in-1 Car Seat With Safety Surround Side Impact Protection is conveniently designed to be the only car seat your kid will ever need, seating your child in supreme comfort and safety from infancy, toddlerhood, and up to the cusp of the pre-teen years.
Undeniably, the biggest feature of this car seat is that you’ll only need this ONE car seat for the entire time your child needs to be in one (10years)! That’s right, it’s suitable for children weighing 4lbs-120lbs.
Finding the best car seats for you children can be quite the production; there are endless choices out there! The fact that you won’t be buying multiple car seats as your child grows guarantees you’ll be saving some money when purchasing the Graco 4Ever! Saving money is always a plus, so that fact alone makes this seat worth considering.
But, is it right for your child? Let me tell you all about it so you can decide!
Graco 4Ever All-in-1 Car Seat Review
- Safely seats infants 4-40 lb. in harnessed rear-facing mode
- Safely seats toddlers 20-65 lb. or 27-52″ tall in harnessed forward-facing mode
- Safely seats youths 30-100 lb. or 38-52″ tall when used as a high back belt-positioning booster
- Safely seats youths 40-120 lb. or 40-57″ tall when used as a backless belt-positioning booster
- 5-point Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness features a one-hand, no re-thread harness system that automatically adjusts the height of the harness and headrest together
- Versatile 4-in-1 design: rear-facing, forward-facing, high-back booster, and backless booster
- 10-position headrest ensures a proper fit
- Steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability
- Built-in harness storage compartment holds unused harness straps while in the belt positioning booster mode
- 2 integrated cupholders
- EPS energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- Side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the integrated 5-point harness
- SafeSeat engineered and tested to meet or exceed US crash standard FMVSS 213
- Meets or exceeds all applicable US safety standards
- Easy-to-read level indicator eliminates installation guesswork
- InRight™ LATCH system for a quick, one-second LATCH attachment
- 6-position recline in both the rear-facing and forward-facing modes
- Plush inserts keep your child comfy
- Seat cover can be easily removed without undoing the harness and is machine washable
- Measures 20″ D x 21.5″ W x 24″ H
- Weighs 23 lb.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Above is a long list of fantastic features, right?! Let’s talk about one of my favorites: the seat cover! It’s designed to be easily removed without having to undo the harness. This feature is as good as GOLD!
Whether you’ve have just one baby or a few babes like me, you’ve more than likely learned that children (from birth!) can make some GINORMOUS messes, and always in the worst locations. As the nurse at my child’s well-visit said the other day, “Little humans are gross.” It’s a good thing they’re cute, but it’s true! Boy. Can. They. Be. Messy! No worries though, with the Graco 4Ever car seat, those messes can easily be remedied by removing the cover quite effortlessly and throwing it into the wash.
The chest clip has a nice, handy visual reminding you of the proper positioning for the safety of your child. It can be easy to plop your kid in the seat, buckle them and go… when are we not in rush these days?! But this little reminder is like a still-small voice speaking to you every time you get your child buckled up. Car seat safety is so important!
When I was initially checking out the features of this seat I had a baby in one hand, which meant there was only one hand left to fiddle with it. This seat was made for a busy mama, whose hands are always full. It was SO easy to adjust the recline of the seat with one hand, as well as adjusting the 10 position harness.
There you have it, all 4 of my kiddos can use this seat!! They’re all 5 and under, so none have even graduated to the Highback or Backless belt-position booster yet. How awesome is that?!
While my older 3 children all seemed to like this new seat, my littlest could not seem to get comfortable. He weighs in at almost 17lbs and to me, just seemed to be engulfed in the seat and quite uncomfortable. All babies are different, so maybe it was just him and your little one will love this seat. Babies can be so particular! I did try removing the various seat cushions to see if it would appease him, but sadly it did not. As I mentioned though, my eldest 3 loved it, they even liked the extra cushioning left in. It makes for extra comfy car naps!
The seat’s InRight™ LATCH system makes for yet another one handed, quick and easy feature! I was quite please at how quickly I was able to achieve a great install.
When looking for a seat you always have to take into consideration the dimensions of your potential car seat, this seat is not the sleekest option out there. The width isn’t really something to worry about, it’s just the depth while it’s in the rear-facing position. It takes up a good bit of space, so if you have a compact car and hope to use it from birth on up, this may not be a wise choice for you. In my Honda Odyssey mini-van however, no problems! Forward facing and beyond, you shouldn’t have any issues, no matter the style car you’ll be driving.
I’m really quite pleased with Graco’s 4Ever All-in-1 Car Seat With Safety Surround Side Impact Protection! I love that you only have to make one choice, one purchase and you’re DONE, your child is set for the rest of their car-seated-life. It’s easy to install, easy to use (in each car seat phase!) and has great functionality. It’s sure to be a happy 10 years with this seat!
Find out more about this Graco 4Ever Car Seat featuring Safety Surround Side Impact Protection and all of the great Graco baby gear products by visiting their website. You can purchase this Graco 4Ever Car Seat with Safety Surround Side Impact Protection online at Amazon.com and look for it at Babies”R”Us.
You might also be interested in reading this review of the Graco Milestone All-In-One car seat and this review of the Graco Argos 80 Elite 3-in-1 car seat.