This post is sponsored by GoWise. All opinions are my own.
With the ushering in of January, I now have to start remembering to write 2018 on my checks. I surely can’t be the ONLY one who is still making that mistake in March…..can I!?! But not only that, us moms at Thrifty Nifty Mommy are sharing our fun New Year, New You! Event with you too. We love bringing you events throughout the year that help us share amazing brands and high quality products with you and today is another favorite.
A New Year, A New You!
The new year can mean different things to different people. For me, I have several goals I’m striving for. For starters I’m planning on spending more one-on-one time with each of our kids. With our last foster placements, I started taking just one child on visits with me so we had time just the two of us. Our kids relished in it! So I want to continue that effort even though those foster children were reunited and our trips to town are less frequent. I also want to start putting more focus on our marriage. Being married it tough. Farming is tough. Not to mention, life in general can just be tough. So it’s time that Mike and I start placing emphasis on our relationship instead of all the day-to-day stuff that gets in the way. Part of both of those goals is also creating new and healthy meals for my family. I want my family to live a long, healthy, and prosperous life and it truly does start at home. From relationships to food, home is where it’s at.
Everyone Needs To Eat, Right?
I already love to cook but I’m going to put extra effort into trying new recipes each week. It’s too easy to get stuck in a rut and stick with the same boring round up. Not to mention, we could definitely do better about adding a few more veggies to our plates each day! And to help me with that, GoWise has partnered with us on our “New Year, New You!” Event so I can share their gorgeous 8 Qt. Copper 12-in-1 Pressure Cooker with you!
Jump On The Pressure Cooker Wagon In 2018
If you haven’t yet heard about Pressure Cookers, have I got news for you! While there are many different brands to choose from, some are definitely better than others. They all have the same “goal” in mind with results but many lack pizazz as well as what I would consider, important features. Sadly, I’ve owned two of those lesser options in the past and both have gone out the door for lack of performance. But today, I’m happy to tell you that I no longer have that problem. GoWise for the win!
The Possibilities Are Endless
I’ve found that I really enjoy the versatility that the GoWise Pressure Cooker offers me. I can make beans, rice, veggies, chili, chicken, pasta dishes, eggs, yogurt, poultry, seafood and so much more! They even include a cookbook for inspiration! And GoWise presents it all in an almost effortless fashion to boot.
GoWise 8 Qt. Copper 12-in-1 Pressure Cooker Features:
- GoWise Pressure Cookers Are Actually Available In 6, 8, & 10 Quart Sizes
- Comes With A Measuring Cup, Stainless Steel Steam Rack, Spoon, & Even A Basket
- 12 Built In Preset Buttons For One Touch Cooking
- Special Release Pressure Button
- Detachable Cord For Easier Storage
- Stainless Steel Lid
- Stainless Steel Body
- Inner Pot Features An Aluminum Alloy And Ceramic Coating For Easy Clean Up
- Manual Time Set Button For Customization For Any Recipe
- High Or Low Pressure Setting Options
- Sauté Function Option
- Slow Cook Function Option
- Keep Warm Function Option
- Delay Time Function
Functional & Versatile
I love that I can make one pot meals with my GoWise Pressure Cooker. Less dishes = less work! But I also can utilize to make the prep of a meal easier. For a couple of my chicken meals, I used to have to plan 1 1/2 hours ahead of time so I could bake the chicken before assembling my dish. Now, I can have my chicken breasts cooked in a matter of minutes and the entire dish ready in less than half the time as before. Because, seriously, who COULDN’T use more time in the day!
Let’s Get Cooking!
I recently received a recipe from a fellow foster mama friend and was super excited to try it. It has pasta and cheese (which kids LOVE) and veggies (which I love)! And while not terribly hard to make, it was a little time consuming. But thanks to the help of GoWise, it’s cut my prep time in half.
Start by getting those chicken breasts and seasonings into your GoWise 12-in-1 Pressure Cooker.
While the chicken is cooking, it’s time to get the pasta and vegetables ready too.
In a big bowl, start mixing everything together.
Assembling is the last step before baking.
And the final results are absolutely delicious!
Don’t Forget To Print The Recipe Or Pin For Later!
- 1 box shell pasta
- 1 bag mixed vegetables
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 can French fried onions
- ½ teaspoon onion salt, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and pepper (each)
- 2# raw chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In your pressure cooker, place raw chicken breasts, onion salt, seasoning salt, garlic salt, pepper, and enough water to adequately cover. Close lid and set for poultry (12 minutes).
- Fill a large pot ⅔ full of water and bring to boil. Add pasta and mixed vegetables and cook for the time stated on box (typically about 10 minutes).
- Drain pasta and vegetables and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- When your chicken is done, drain and shred. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups shredded cheese, soup, milk, and ½ of the French fried onions into bowl and stir well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Top with the Sharp Cheddar shredded cheese and remaining French fried onions.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
And if you need any one-pot Pressure Cooker inspiration, check out:
I have to say that I am completely in love with this GoWise Pressure Cooker. It is SO much better than any I’ve used before and it washes up like a dream. Plus, the gorgeous copper color can’t be beat! It’s so pretty that I had a hard time capturing it’s true luster in photos but you won’t be disappointed!
Buy It: Head over to GoWise to see for yourself the great selection of products they offer.
Win It: GoWise is generously offering one of our lucky readers their very own 8 Qt. Copper 12-in-1 Pressure Cooker! Open to the US only, enter the widget below for your chance. Good luck!