Color – Green
Food – Pastas, especially my homemade lasagna
Dessert – Cheesecake and angel food cake
Season – Summer
Movies – The Sound of Music & Mary Poppins
Television Shows – The Big Bang Theory, Arrow, Everybody Loves Raymond, Home Improvement, 19 Kids & Counting
Movies/Cartoons During Childhood – Winnie the Pooh, Scooby Doo, Zoobily Zoo (anyone remember that one?) Disney’s Robin Hood
Music – Dave Matthews Band, Jack Johnson, Michael Bolton, Rod Stewart
Drink – Chai tea and water
Candy Bar – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Vacation Spot – Disney with the kids, anywhere relaxing when it’s without the kids J
Restaurant – Olive Garden or a Mexican restaurant
Fast Food – Chick-Fil-A or Subway
- I am the 3rd of 4 children
- My parents divorced when I was 6. I lived with my mother until I got my first apartment at 19 (shortly before I was married).
- I was born and raised in WV. I have moved out of the state a few times since getting married, but moved back to WV to start our family. I hope to one day move to Florida where it is warmer, but for now, we are close to family.
- My mother owned a home daycare while I was growing up. I also worked in daycares (big daycares) and as a private nanny before I had children of my own. I have probably changed over 10,000 diapers already in my lifetime.
- When I was a nanny, the ages of the children (when I started caring for them) were newborn twins (literally, like 4 days old), 14 months, and 3 years. I was crazy busy and LOVED it!
- I have given birth to both of my children naturally (drug free) at home. I hope to do the same in June for our third baby.
- We have a dog (a mutt) named Emmy and a black cat named Abby
- I am a night person and hate waking up early
- My husband and I started dating at 15/16. We were married at 18/19. He is the only man I’ve ever dated. Our first kiss was my first kiss and his first kiss. If you were paying attention to some of the other things I mentioned earlier, you can figure out who is older.
- After my high school graduation, I decided against going to college. This came as a shock to most people, especially considering I was a student who was always on the Honor Roll and usually had “Straight A’s”. I did not attend college because I knew my husband and I would getting married soon and we both agreed I would stay home to raise our children, when that time came. College seemed like a large waste of time and money to me. I’ve never regretted that decision.
- I HATE the cold weather in winter, so I generally become a hermit and only leave the house when absolutely necessary.
- Growing up, I loved reading The Boxcar Children books, the Nancy Drew mysteries, American Girl, and The Babysitters Club
- I am a huge NFL football fan—probably even more than my husband. My #1 team is the Dallas Cowboys, however I root for the San Francisco 49er’s as well, my husband’s favorite team.
That’s all I can think of for now. Have a random question about me? What to know another one of my favorites? Ask in the comments!