This post is sponsored by Lubrigyn, a new way to keep moisture where it belongs. All opinions are my own.
A few weeks ago I shared a post about urinary incontinence. I was surprised at just how many women were interested in reading the article. It became pretty obvious to me that there are health issues women are struggling with, but apparently we aren’t really talking to each other about them. Well, today I want to talk to you about another hush hush topic, vaginal dryness.
What Is Vaginal Dryness?
Well, if you’ve ever suffered from it, you probably already know the answer to this question. Vaginal dryness is characterized by feelings of burning, discomfort, irritation and itchiness. Sometimes you might only have one of those symptoms, sometimes a few or all 4. Regardless of which symptoms you have, it’s not pleasant! Vaginal dryness can also lead to a frustrating sex life for your and your partner because sex can be painful.
What Causes Vaginal Dryness?
Vaginal dryness can be caused by a number of things, but the most common culprit is our hormones. Yes ladies, it’s those stinkin’ hormones again. They are always wrecking havoc on the body! While menopause is generally one of the most frequent causes, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and simply being on “the pill” can cause dryness.
There are also other factors that can lead to dryness, like improper hygiene, wearing synthetic underwear, some diseases, not enough fluid intake, or even overuse of tampons. It’s important to pinpoint the reason for your problem, if you can. If you’re unable to on your own, it might be time to have a talk with your gynecologist.
Fixing The Problem
So now that we’ve talked about what it is and what causes it, let’s talk about the solution! There are some things you can do at home to lessen or even correct the problem. Start by following these guidelines:
- Wear 100% cotton underwear (white) and consider sleeping without underwear at night.
- Eat a healthy, well balanced diet.
- Drink plenty of water. If you find that this is one of the things you struggle with, take a water bottle with you wherever you go. If it’s easily accessible, you’ll be more apt to drink it.
- Are you on the pill? There are other ways to prevent pregnancy that don’t have nearly as many side effects. (Frankly, I feel so much better since ditching the pill 5+ years ago, I’ll never go back, but that’s for a whole ‘nother post). Consider dropping the pill and trying another method of family planning.
- Limit your use of tampons.
Sometimes, despite the things you might try to combat vaginal dryness, it persists. That’s when you need to seek additional help. Your gynecologist is a great place to start, but if you aren’t quite ready to schedule an appointment, there’s a new over-the-counter treatment that just might do the trick: Lubrigyn.
According to Lubrigyn, unlike conventional soaps and body washes, Lubrigyn Lotion cleans “by affinity,” which means it draws out impurities with natural oils instead of harsh ingredients or harmful lather. This method of cleansing safeguards and nourishes the hydrolipid film that protects the delicate skin around the vagina. This keeps you feeling comfortable, confident— and sexy. Made with the finest quality botanical ingredients and free of harmful additives, Lubrigyn features a silky, non-greasy lotion for daily feminine care, hygiene and comfort; and a rich moisturizing cream that soothes, protects and lubricates.
Lubrigyn specializes in vaginal dryness relief, offering 3 different products to suit your individual needs.
- Lubrigyn Lotion & Wipes – This lotion is an all-in-one, triple action lotion, designed to keep you clean, comfortable and confident all day. It is a cleanser, moisturizer and lubricant, that can be used with or without water, making is super convenient! With the purchase of the lotion, you’ll also receive a package of wipes, great for on-the-go vaginal dryness relief. No need to rinse.
- Lubrigyn Cream – When you suffer from vaginal dryness, you’ll need a lubricant for sex. That’s where Lubrigyn Cream comes into play. It’s made of a formula that is rich in: hyaluronic acid, elastin, sweet almond oil, vitamin A, calendula, while being free of lanolin and hormones (progesterone or estrogen).
While Lubrigyn is quite popular in Italy, it only recently made it’s way to the US. You can find it for purchase at your local CVS.
Often times, women just suffer through problems when they affect you down there. Don’t be one of those women! Give Lubrigyn a try and talk to your gynecologist if you’re still experiencing problems. You CAN find relief!