I am super picky about my biscuits and I’ve always loved KFC’s biscuits. At home, the blue 4-pack of Pillsbury mini biscuits used to be my go to. These were great for an easy butter biscuit to have with dinner. Then Pillsbury discontinued them. Even with many customers protesting on their Facebook page, they have not brought them back. I’ve tried other brands and, sadly, they just haven’t measured up. Along with a variety of homemade biscuit recipes that still weren’t quite there, I’ve been left disappointed. Then I tried the bag of frozen Pillsbury biscuits and found something I loved again. What I didn’t love was the price. FINALLY though, I’ve found a homemade Easy Butter Biscuit Recipe that is so easy to make and tastes great! Soft, flaky, and a big hit with the entire family. Homemade, this Easy Butter Biscuit Recipe for the win!
Why I Love This Easy Butter Biscuit Recipe
First off, you only need one bowl for this easy butter biscuit recipe, which makes it quite appealing. As a mom to five and currently a foster mom to an extra three, more dishes is the last thing I need. And not only is it one bowl, it’s actually a food processor which means NO STIRRING! I’m so giddy about this! (Of course, if you don’t have a food processor, you definitely can still make these and use a fork to blend your ingredients. That method just takes a little more work but is totally doable for amazing easy butter biscuits as the result.)
Delicious Easy Butter Biscuit Recipe
Not only are they delicious, these homemade butter biscuits are easy to make!
- In your food processor bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and butter.
- Top with milk.
- Pulse several times until the dough is mixed and starts to come together.
- Pour the dough out onto a well-floured surface.
- Pat into a rectangular shape, measuring about 1 inch thick.
- Fold over and gently pat again.
- Repeat one more time with one last fold.
- End with a 1 inch thick rectangular shape.
- Use a glass to cut your All Purpose Biscuits. IMPORTANT: Do NOT twist the glass. Just push straight down and pull straight up. Crimping the edges by twisting will give you a more dense resulting biscuit as it seals the edges and they won’t bake as well.
- Place cut biscuits onto a greased 12×18 pan.
- Cover with a towel and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. (If you are short on time, you can skip this step as I’ve done it both ways and they turn out similar. But I like this step as it allows me some time to prep the rest of the meal.)
- And then enjoy!
Print This Unbeatable Homemade Biscuit Recipe For Ease Of Use In The Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons cold (not frozen) butter
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 12×18 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, place all ingredients EXCEPT milk.
- Add milk on top.
- Pulse several times (typically 5-7) to blend dough.
- Pour dough out onto a well floured counter top.
- Pat your dough into a rough rectangular shape about 1 inch thick.
- Fold in half and pat out again.
- Repeat one last time, ending with a 1 inch rectangular shape.
- Take a glass and cut biscuits. Make sure to NOT twist the glass! Just press down and pull straight up. You want to avoid crimping the edges.
- Place cut biscuits onto prepared pan.
- Cover with a towel and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. (This step is optional if you’re running short on time as they turn out similar both ways.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot along with butter, honey, or jam for toppings.
I’ve made and served this recipe for my own family dozens of times as well as guests and get tons of compliments. For our family of 7 and our friends’ family of 6, I made a double batch and we still had a few biscuits left over even!
And if you’re looking for a delicious meal to pair these amazing Homemade Biscuits with, check out some of these family-friendly recipes: