When you have a picky eater in the house, or you’re trying to eat healthily but have a major sweet tooth, finding foods that are somewhat nutritious can be a challenge! If I could, I’d eat ice cream, candy, cookies, and foods of that nature daily, but the fact is, it’s not healthy and it’ll make you gain weight! I have a horrible habit of needing to have something sweet after dinner. I know, I know, that’s horrible, right? I came across this No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola recipe from Lauren’s Latest while looking on Pinterest for some recipes that would fulfill my sweet tooth while still keeping me healthy. I’ll admit, it isn’t the healthiest recipe I came across, but man is it good. My little guy is obsessed with it too!
The original recipe is actually instructing you to make granola bars but honestly, I’m not a chef and out of the five-six times I’ve made this No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola recipe, I’ve never had the granola actually form into a bar. Instead, we eat it like regular granola, by the handfuls, and we love it just the same!
No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Cups of Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Cup of Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Chocolate Chips to Your Preference (You could also substitute the chocolate chips for dried cranberries, nuts, raisins, or all of them!)
- Combine the oats and Rice Crispy cereal in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, honey, and brown sugar in a saucepan and heat on medium.
- Bring the butter, brown sugar, and honey to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for two (2) minutes.
- Pour the cooked butter/honey/brown sugar combo over the oats and rice crispy cereal.
- Stir everything until everything is completely combined.
- Add your chocolate chips and stir until combined. Spread the mixture in a lightly greased 9X13 baking pan and let it cool on the countertop for 2 hours. I have made the recipe multiple times now and have left it uncovered and covered it and both ways it turned out perfectly!
- When your granola has cooled for the two hours transfer it to an airtight container and enjoy!