Scroll to the bottom of the post if you’re looking for the free printable Miraculous ladybug mask or cat noir mask.
We are a family that loves crafting. Maggie is our most diligent crafter, but Jacob and Zellene are always excited to get in on the crafting action. We are also really big into superheroes and it’s one of the few things that all of our kids actually agree on. They often throw on their costumes and wrestle with their dad! It seems like nearly a daily thing.
We recently learned of an animated superhero that has Maggie pretty excited as it features a superheroine as the lead character! The series is called Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. Set in modern-day France, the show follows Marinette Dupain-Cheng who becomes the superheroine Ladybug through the use of powerful objects called “Miraculous” when evil arises. Adrien (Marinette’s classmate and crush), who also uses a Miraculous object, becomes the superhero Cat Noir although this is unbeknownst to Marinette who insists she doesn’t need a partner to fight her arch nemesis Hawk Moth.
To celebrate the release of the show on DVD, we teamed up with the kids to recreate the Miraculous Ladybug mask and and Cat Noir mask! It is an incredibly easy and fun craft that the kids loved putting together. We completed the masks using craft foam sheets, elastic bands, a solid plastic headband, an X-Acto knife (scissors are fine too) and a hot glue gun. If you want an easier and quicker craft to do, we’ve also included PDFs with the masks of Ladybug and Cat Noir. One PDF features masks that are ready to color and the other features masks that are already colored and ready to be cut out and used. Both can be used as templates for making craft foam masks.
Craft Foam Ladybug and Cat Noir Masks
- Lay out the appropriate colored foam sheet. (Red for Ladybug, black for Cat Noir) We used glitter sheets to give them some extra flair.
- Print one of our provided PDF templates (located at the very bottom of this post) to use as a mask template. Place this sheet over the foam and securely attach it to prevent it from sliding while you cut out the mask.
- Using the X-Acto knife, cut out the basic shape of the mask.
- Continuing with the X-Acto knife, cut out the eyes of the mask. If you are creating Ladybug’s mask, continue on to step 5. If you are creating Cat Noir’s mask, jump to step 7.
- Lay out the black foam sheet and cut out the black spots of Ladybug’s mask using the provided template.
- Peel the backing paper from the spots and attach them to your Ladybug mask. If the foam is not adhesive-backed, attach the spots using hot glue.
- Cut approximately 12 inches of elastic band (depending on your child’s size), fold the ends over slightly, and attach them to the each side of the back of the mask using hot glue.
Craft Foam Cat Noir Ears
- Lay out a sheet of black craft foam.
- Cut out Cat Noir’s ears using the provided template.
- Hot glue the ears onto the plastic headband.
Here’s how Maggie and Jake’s turned out!
Zellene wasn’t interested in making one herself, but later decided to borrow Jacob’s Cat Noir mask. Gotta say, they all look pretty darn cute!
Get ready to bug out with two new superheroes! The exciting new CGI animated TV series Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir arrived today on DVD from Shout! Kids, in collaboration with ZAG. The release features seven incredible episodes and bonus features! Ladybug & Cat Noir are superhero super fun! You can pick up the DVD at your local Best Buy in a package that includes an exclusive Ladybug mask or you can purchase the DVD online at Amazon.com.
Click HERE for the full size colored masks printable.