This post is sponsored by Copper Pearl. All opinions are my own.
Are you expecting or know someone who is? Parents are constantly being bombarded through social media and commercials about all this stuff that they will need. It’s so easy to become overwhelmed! But honestly, that $1,000 stroller won’t make you a better mom. Six different contraptions to set baby in will not make him walk any sooner. Don’t get me wrong, some gear is nice. It’s just not all necessary. When I was a first time mom over 12 years ago, I was on that mom-guilt train where I thought I needed all this stuff. A couple years ago with baby #5, I “needed” so much less. So if you’re feeling confused and overwhelmed, take a look at my list of must have baby items for the first several months of baby’s life.
7 Necessities For A New Baby
- Baby Carrier – Honestly, this was a lifesaver for me. I couldn’t do the cry-it-out thing so wearing my little ones allowed me to meet their needs while also accomplishing other tasks. If you think about it, your baby was just “held” for 9 months straight. Of course they are going to need that comfort now that they are out in the world. There are also many online communities to help answer questions and help you find the perfect carrier! (I prefer soft structure buckle personally.)
- Car Seat – If you have a vehicle, you need a car seat. It’s the law of the land. Now you just need to decide if you want to go straight to a Convertible, which will take you from birth through toddler-hood, or if you want to start with the infant bucket seat. My biggest piece of advice is to make sure you get a no re-thread harness in whichever seat you choose.
- Swaddle Blanket – This comes back to baby being cuddled up in the womb for nine months. A Swaddle Blanket is large in size and perfect for wrapping baby like a burrito to make them feel safe and secure. Plus, kids love to use them as a regular blanket as they grow.
- Diapers – Whether cloth or disposable, this is a necessary evil! 🙂 I’ve used both and it truly comes down to personal preference on this one. But a necessity all the same.
- Wipes – Make your own! I LOVE my homemade wipes for at home. They are easy to make and super cheap.
~Cut one roll of Bounty Paper Towels in half.
~Place 1/2 roll into a container.
~In a liquid measuring cup, add 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon baby oil, and 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol.
~Pour over roll in container.
~Place lid on and let sit for about an hour. Then pull out the cardboard tube and start pulling wipes from the center. So easy!
- Bibs – Babies spit up. (Mine were champions at it!) So having cute and functional bibs is a must for me. I especially love the trendy Bandana Bibs that make it cool to drool!
- Burp Cloths/Spit Towels – Along with all that spit up and bib-wearing means I want something to help protect me. High quality, premium Burp Cloths to the rescue.
Hop On Over To Copper Pearl
As I mentioned, swaddles, bibs, and burp cloths are a major must have in my home. Even though our last biological child is almost three, we’ve had several foster babies to date and my list still holds true to what we need. Recently, I found Copper Pearl‘s unique custom baby accessories that fit perfectly into my list of must haves.
Their Premium Burp Cloths offer a trendy way to stay clean for mom and baby. Generously sized at 21″x10″, they provide a great coverage than many typical options on the store shelves lack. Created with 100% cotton, they are also super soft, perfect for wiping baby’s sensitive skin.
Talking about coverage, the Copper Pearl Baby Bandana Bibs work from baby all the way through the drooling toddlerhood! I also love that they coordinate with the burp cloths for a stylish look that can’t be beat. With a 100% cotton knit front and 100% soft, absorbent polyester fleece backing, this bib can’t be beat. The two adjustable snaps make it ideal for ages 3-24 months while moms appreciate not having to worry about that annoying velcro!
Finally, Copper Pearl’s ultra buttery-soft Swaddle Blankets make me want a blanket again! Made from premium knit, they are lightweight and breathable. The 46’’ x 46’’ design means it grows with a child! From swaddle for the littlest ones to a play mat to a bedtime blanket. It does it all!
Head over to Copper Pearl to see all of their great products and stock up on baby necessities today! And don’t forget to tell me, do you have any other must-haves that I didn’t include on my list? Share in the comments below!