When you have a baby, one of the must-have pieces of baby gear you will need is a quality car seat. You’ll likely spend hours researching the best car seats. You can start with a convertible car seat right off the bat or opt for an infant car seat and upgrade to a convertible as your baby gets older. Personally, I prefer the convenience that an infant seat offers. Today I’m excited to share with you my review of the Combi Shuttle Infant Car Seat.
Recently, Combi sent me their Shuttle Infant Car Seat (at no cost, to facilitate a review). When it arrived, I took it out of the box and it was ready to go! No assembly is required; just remove the plastic and begin installation into your car.
Installation is made easy with these features on the base:
- Wide belt paths for easy use
- Easy-to-read level indicators
- Premium, push button LATCH connectors with storage compartment
- Contoured, anti-slip base
- Four position height adjustment for proper seat angle and positioning
The Shuttle Infant Car Seat’s features include:
- Combi Tru-Safe® features provide 360 degrees of protection in front, rear and side-impact collisions:
- Side Impact Protection offers a head restraint with deep side walls and a layer of energy-absorbing foam to distribute crash energy away from your infant’s head, neck and spine
- Anti-rebound bar stabilizes the infant seat by minimizing rotational forces in front and rear collisions
- Adjustable head restraint for proper positioning of the head and harness shoulder height for a snug and secure fit
- Accommodates infants from birth to 35 pound
- Ergonomic carry handle with comfort grips
- One-pull front harness adjuster
- Built-in lock-offs
- Stroller-compatible designs coordinate with Combi Cosmo, Cabria, Catalyst and Twin Cosmo strollers
- Minimum Weight – birth
- Maximum Weight – 35 pounds
- Minimum Seated Shoulder Height – 8.5″
- Height Limit – 33″
- Product Dimensions – 25″H x 15″W x 27″D
- Product Weight: 20.2 pounds
With Combi’s one-pull front harness adjuster, it made it so easy to adjust the harness and straps for just the right fit for my little guy Sawyer! I despise having to leave my infants in car seats for longer than necessary, I’d rather be holding or wearing my baby. What is more comfortable for a baby than to be snuggled against his mother – nothing! However, this seat is so plush and cozy, it feels like they’re nestled into a cloud. The adjustable head restraint with deep side walls and a layer of energy absorbing foam distributes crash forces away from your infant’s head, neck and spine which not only offers safety but comfort too.
One of the car seats special features is that it is stroller-compatible and designed to coordinate with Combi Cosmo, Cabria, Catalyst, Fold ‘N Go and Twin Cosmo stroller. With the stroller seat in a reclined position I was able to easily snap the car seat into the Combi Twin Cosmo Stroller, just like you do with the car seat’s base. Removing the car seat from the stroller also works the same way it does to remove it from the base. Simply squeeze the red release handle located on the upper back side of the car seat, directly under the shade’s base.
My favorite features of the Combi Shuttle Infant Car Seat:
- The stability and protection from the elements with the shade
- The easy to install car seat base
- The easy to use premium, push-button LATCH connectors
- The support, comfort and safety for baby
I love that this car seat accommodates the littlest of littles, up to even my hefty 10 month old baby and beyond. It seems to be the perfect combination of comfort and safety.
You can purchase the Combi Shuttle Infant Car Seat at Amazon.com. I’ve seen it there for as low as $99.99! It is available in red (pictured in the review), blue, teal and black.
Disclosure: Amazon links are affiliate links.