I have a secret to share. I actually thought I didn’t like meatloaf! Isn’t that crazy? A classic meal that almost everyone loves is a meal I’d shun on making because I just didn’t like it! But it turns out I actually DO like meatloaf! It just took finding the right recipe to bring together a winning combination of flavors. And I found that when I started making this Classic Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe. (Scroll to the bottom for an easy-to-print recipe card or keep reading to learn more.)
A Classic That Never Goes Out Of Style
This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together well, and has the best glaze on top! It’s a foolproof recipe that combines the classic ingredients I love and delivers a juicy and flavorful main dish in return. Plus, don’t forget the cheese! The ooey-gooey goodness of a little cheese inside is the perfect final touch.
Classic Cheesy Meatloaf Ingredients
- 2# ground beef
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 sleeve ritz style crackers
- 6 cheese sticks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Classic Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe Directions
- Heat Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep Pan: Grease a 5×7 pan, set aside.
- Prep Ingredients: Crush crackers, dice onion, and cut cheese sticks into rounds.
- Combine: In a large mixing bowl, stir together until combined well: Ground Beef, Eggs, Crushed Crackers, Salt, Pepper, Parsley, and Diced Onion.
- Add: Dump cheese stick rounds into bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Pour Into Pan: Dump the meat mixture into your greased pan and press down until even spread out. Set aside.
- Make Glaze: In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, nutmeg, and lemon juice.
- Add To Meatloaf: Spread glaze evenly to coat the entire meatloaf.
- Bake: Place pan in oven and bake for 1 hour or till done.
- Serve: Once the meatloaf is thoroughly cooked through, cut and serve immediately.
Photos Along The Way
Once all your ingredients are prepped for the meat mixture, just place (all except cheese) in a large bowl and stir.
The prepped cheese will be used next so I like to have it in a small container, ready to go.
Stir the prepped cheese into the meat mixture and then press evenly into your greased 5×7 pan.
Prep the glaze and spread evenly over the meat mixture.
Place your classic cheesy meatloaf in the oven to bake.
Once done, remove from oven, slice, and serve.
Classic Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe
Print this recipe to make an amazing meal for your own family!
*If you prefer a thinner meatloaf, you could spread into a 9x13 pan and adjust baking time down a little as a thinner meatloaf will bake faster. *For huge cheese loving families, add up to double the amount of cheese this recipe calls for! These nutritional facts are offered only as an estimate and could vary slightly.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 1155mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 20g
*If you prefer a thinner meatloaf, you could spread into a 9x13 pan and adjust baking time down a little as a thinner meatloaf will bake faster.
*For huge cheese loving families, add up to double the amount of cheese this recipe calls for!
These nutritional facts are offered only as an estimate and could vary slightly.
Make sure to come back and leave a review or comment if you give this Classic Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe a try!
Of course, you can check out our entire gallery of recipes for more great ideas for breakfasts, main courses, sides, desserts, and more.