Nothing pairs better than milk and cookies, especially when you are a breastfeeding mama looking to increase your milk supply. Check out my recipe below for easy to make chocolate chip lactation cookies.
Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
I found that I was always hungry while breastfeeding my son. Even though I knew I should be eating as healthy as possible, I couldn’t help but want a sweet treat. These cookies allowed me to snack away, guilt-free because I knew they were helping to increase my supply.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (don’t skip this ingredient)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups steel-cut oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, mix well.
6. Sift together flour, brewer’s yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7. Add dry ingredients to the butter mix.
8. Thoroughly stir in oats and chocolate chips.
9. Scoop onto a baking sheet (approximately 1″ balls).
10. Bake for 12 minutes
11. Allow cookies to set for a few minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet.
The brewer's yeast and flaxseed are the 2 ingredients that really help increase your milk supply the most, so don't skip these. Nutritional information is only an estimate.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 5gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g
The brewer's yeast and flaxseed are the 2 ingredients that really help increase your milk supply the most, so don't skip these.
Nutritional information is only an estimate.
Don’t forget, if you’re working on increasing your milk supply, a great way to do that is by introducing extra pumping sessions to your daily schedule.
If you are looking for a great breast pump, be sure to check out our full review of the Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump. This smart pump has all the features you could want in a breast pump, including three pumping styles, eight adjustable suction levels, and Bluetooth capabilities. Pair it with the free app to track all your pumping and feeding needs, and more! Be sure to also check out our list of Hottest Breastfeeding Products which features this pump and more!