This post is sponsored by Barilla, but all the thoughts and opinions are my own.
Our new baby is scheduled to arrive in less than 2 months! I can’t believe it’s almost time already. It seems that my babies are always the neediest right as I begin to fix dinner. Does this happen to anyone else? Rather than resorting to take-out night after night, the past few weeks I have been spending a lot of time making a list of wholesome meals that I can have on the table quickly and with minimal effort, plus trying to create a few new, quick-prep recipes we can enjoy as well.
Today I wanted to share with you one of my new favorite quick-serve meals: my Quick and Easy Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe. It takes just 5 minutes to get it on the table and costs about $2.50 per person when I make it for our family of 6 (plus we usually have leftovers for later)! Even better, this is a recipe that even my picky kids will devour!
Quick and Easy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
- (2) packages of Barilla Ready Pasta: Penne or Rotini (I used Rotini this time but have used penne in the past – they are both great choices for this recipe)
- (2) jars of Barilla Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce, 6.0 OZ
- (1) Rotisserie Chicken (pre-cooked)
- Fresh Diced Tomatoes (You can find freshly diced tomatoes ready to go at Walmart. Look for the Marketside brand.)
- Warm the Barilla Ready pasta in the microwave – it takes just 60 seconds per bag! Microwave each bag separately for best results and don’t forget to vent the package.
- While the pasta is warming in the microwave, shred bite-sized pieces of chicken from the rotisserie chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, Barilla Ready Pasta, and Barilla Pasta Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce then toss until chicken and pasta pieces are well coated.
- Garnish the top of the Chicken Pesto Pasta with diced tomato. (My kids love being able to add this topping on themselves!)
- Serve immediately
That’s it! This meal is so simple and yet bursting with flavor! Pair it with a bagged salad mix and rolls from the Walmart deli for a no-fuss weeknight meal!
Since we will (very soon) have 5 kids, ages 8 and under in our home, I’m loving foods that allow me to make a home-cooked meal in a fraction of the time, like the Barilla Ready Pasta. I can have this meal on our table in just 5 minutes! You really can’t beat that!
Barilla Ready Pasta is Non-GMO and can be found in the pasta aisle. The packages, which warm in the microwave in a mere 60 seconds, include just 3 simple ingredients: sea salt, olive oil, and pasta. You can find Barilla Ready Pasta in penne, gemelli, elbows, and rotini shapes.
Over the next few weeks, I plan to experiment more with Barilla’s Ready Pasta so I can create a number of flavorful meals my family can enjoy, in a fraction of the time!
Interested in more inspirational Barilla recipes? Click here to register for their weekly email newsletter.