Our family loves chocolate chip cookies! Sometimes though I like to mix it up with some colorful M&M’s (or Reese’s Pieces – perfect for Fall!) Here’s my recipe for Chewy M&M Cookies that have proved time and time again not to last very long in the cookie jar!
Chewy M&M Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 t. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 cups of plain chocolate M&M’s (or Reese’s Pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy (I usually cream mine between 3-5 minutes)
3. Add eggs one at at time, waiting until the 1st egg is incorporated before adding the 2nd
4. Heat the milk a zap in the microwave for about 10 seconds to warm it up. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk (heating up the milk just allows the baking soda to dissolve easier). Add to the wet mixture.
5. Sift together the milk and salt and with mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet.
6. Add vanilla extract.
7. Slowly stir in the M&M’s
8. Bake in Preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a cookie wrack to cool completely.
9. Fill the cookie Jar!
COOKIE TIP: Toss in a slice of white bread to your cookie jar – it helps keep the cookies moist!
Think these cookies look yummy? Click HERE for more Our Southern Style recipes!