Are you on the hunt for the BEST Cheesy Tator Tot Casserole Recipe? About 15 years ago, I stopped over at my friend’s house and she invited me to stay and eat with her and her girls. Since I didn’t have anything else going on, I said sure. She served up this casserole and it was quite good. Over the years, I made a few tweaks but no matter who I’ve served it to, I’ve gotten rave feedback. So I felt that it was time to share it on the blog.
What Makes It Different Than Every Other Recipe Out There?
No matter how many times I’ve been served Tator Tot Casserole, anywhere, nobody has come close to duplicating this recipe. Personally, I think what makes it so special is the magic ingredient = CHEESE! But what I love even more is how utterly EASY this recipe is to make. It’s fool-proof! So whether you’re a beginner cook or a novice, this Better Than the Duggar’s – Cheesy Tator Tot Casserole Recipe is a great option.
Better than Duggar – Cheesy Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef (+ seasoning)
- 2 cans french style green beans
- 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
- tator tots
- 8 - 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large pot. Season with onion salt, garlic salt, seasoning salt, and pepper.
- Drain the juice from both cans of french style green beans. Add beans to the meat and stir.
- Add two cans of cheddar cheese soup to pot. Stir well.
- Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray and pour mixture in.
- Top with a layer of tator tots.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and a little garlic salt. Put casserole back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once cheese is melted and bubbly, the casserole is done.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
You can switch up cheese flavors to add a new flavor profile.
Another fun option is to top with french fried onions when you add the cheese.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1140Total Fat: 90gSaturated Fat: 50gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 1940mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 69g
This nutritional facts are just an estimate.
Easy To Make!
What I love about this casserole is the fact that it is SO simple to make! In just a few minutes, it’ll be cooking in the oven and you can sit back and relax.
Step 1 –
Season and brown ground beef. Then stir in the french style green beans and cheese soup.
Step 2 –
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture into pan and spread evenly.
Step 3 –
Spread a layer of tator tots over the top of meat mixture.
Step 4 –
Bake for 25 minutes. Then top with shredded cheese and a little garlic sale, bake again.
Step 5 –
Remove from oven when the cheese is melted and the meat mixture is hot and bubbly.
Step 6 –
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This Cheesy Tator Tot Casserole is always a hit when I make it here! Minnesota is known for their casseroles and hotdishes, so perhaps not everywhere eats them as often as we do??? If you love casserole recipes as much as our family does, make sure you also check out this Country Cowboy Casserole recipe and this Chicken Fajita and Rice Casserole recipe.
Be sure to leave me a comment below on what your family thinks if you give it a try.