Are you ever on the hunt for an easy breakfast or breakfast for lunch recipe? I think I’m obsessed with utilizing tortilla shells in my meals. So when my daughter requested breakfast for her birthday party lunch, I was thrilled. My original thoughts were Cinnamon Baked French Toast and Egg Bake. However, there was going to be a lot of kids at the party and I didn’t know if Egg Bake would go over well. Plus, getting it done perfectly without over-cooking can be tricky when on a timeline. And I didn’t want to have it not fully cooked when everything else was ready to go either. So I scratched that idea and created this Easy Breakfast Skillet Burritos Recipe instead.
Easy Breakfast/Brunch Menu
Birthdays usually really stress me out. So this time, I decided to plan a menu that would give me time to relax. Along with the Cinnamon Baked French Toast, which I could make the night before so it just had to bake. We also served store bought mini muffins, fresh fruit, breakfast sausages, and these Breakfast Skillet Burritos. Hearty and filling but easy to make and serve! I loved being able to spend most of the party OUT of the kitchen for once!
Easy Breakfast Skillet Burritos Recipe
Super easy, I actually made this an hour ahead of time and then kept warm in my Ninja Cooker, however, any slow cooker would suffice.
- 12 Eggs
- ½ Cup Italian Sausages
- 1 Cup Frozen Shredded Hashbrown Potatoes
- Small Onion
- ¼ to ½ Cup Of Each: Red Pepper, Green Pepper, Orange Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- For Serving:
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Shells
- Melt coconut oil in a large fry pan on low. Turn burner off.
- Beat eggs and water together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Slice and dice the onions and peppers. Set aside.
- Have hashbrowns and sausages measured out and ready to go. Set aside.
- Turn burner back on low and add egg mixture, onions, and peppers. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Cook while stirring frequently until the eggs start forming into a solid.
- Add hashbrowns and sausages.
- Finish cooking the egg skillet mixture until fully cooked. Be sure to be flipping and stirring eggs consistently to avoid burning.
- When finished, either serve immediately on tortilla shells with shredded cheese and salsa for toppings or place in a slow cooker to keep warm.
- ***I purchase my Italian Sausages from a local grocery store. They are the sausages you'd use when making pizza.
Appealing To The Eye Too!
The colors in this Easy Breakfast Skillet Burritos Recipe makes it as appealing to the eye as it is to the taste buds! I also love the fact that it’s easy to customize. Add in extra ingredients such as mushrooms if you prefer. It’s also VERY easy to double and feed a crowd! For the birthday party, we had 26 people and I doubled this recipe BUT I also had the extra sides and two pans of Cinnamon Baked French Toast too.
Pair your Breakfast Skillet Burriots with this delicious Blueberry Bramble Bake for an unforgettable meal. Or, if you’re looking to make an entire spread, whip up some Baked French Toast and Yogurt Fruit Salad too.