First off, I’ll start by saying I’m a HUGE fan of Boppy products. However, safety is always first and if they see an issue with a product, I want to help spread the word. Today, they’ve announced there’s a voluntary recall on their popular Newborn Lounger. So if you have this product, keep reading for all the details.
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, The Boppy Company is conducting a voluntary recall of its Newborn Lounger to address a risk of infant suffocation. Infants can suffocate if they roll, move, or are placed on the lounger in a position that obstructs breathing, or roll off the lounger onto an external surface, such as an adult pillow or soft bedding, that obstructs breathing.
There have been eight reports of infant deaths associated with The Boppy Company Newborn Lounger and this hazard. The infants reportedly suffocated after being placed on their back, side or stomach on the lounger and were found on their side or on their stomach. The infant deaths occurred between December 2015 and June 2020.
The voluntary recall pertains to ALL models and colors of the Newborn Lounger, the Preferred Newborn Lounger, and the Pottery Barn Lounger. An example of each model is depicted below. These recalled loungers were sold in avariety of colors and fashions.
How do you take advantage of the recall?
Immediately stop using the Newborn Lounger.
To obtain a refund:
- Share the UPC or Item Number and Date Code on your Lounger.
- The UPC or Item Number can be found on the front of the Care Label toward the bottom.
- The Date Code is stamped on the back of the second label and is formatted XX-XXX.
- Provide a copy of your receipt if you have one, via email, text, or mail. This will help up determine the value of your refund.
- Provide a photograph via email, text, or mail that shows the destruction of the Lounger by cutting it in half to make it unusable.
Where To Go To Get Your Refund On Your Boppy Newborn Lounger?
Visit this link to fill out the form and start your refund.