Taking a baby to the beach may seem like a crazy idea but we take our kiddos with us everywhere. Since we do foster care, that includes any extra visitors we may also have. Many things come into play, though, and it takes a lot more planning when traveling with infants and toddlers. So I’ve teamed up with Summer Infant today and put together a list of my baby Beach Day Must Haves which includes their amazing Pop N’ Play Deluxe Ultimate Playard! As you keep reading, it’ll be easy to see why.
10 Must Haves For A Beach Day With baby
- Sunblock – A must have for any sunny day but especially important near water.
- Life Jacket – Once my kiddos are about 6 months, I start using the Body Glove Puddle Jumper style life jackets as kiddos can get squirmy. Plus, water makes them extra slippery! This style jacket allows them to “float” upright instead of face down or flat on their back. By the time they are about one, they love the freedom this jacket gives them.
- Swim Diaper – There is nothing worse than a soggy wet diaper weighing baby down. (Or mom having to change it!)
- Snacks/Picnic Lunch – A day at the beach and a picnic lunch go hand in hand. Check out my Creamy Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe if you’re looking for a yummy side.
- Stroller – The beach that we love also has a playground near by. So we will leave our beach gear lay and stroll over for some sliding and swinging fun too.
- baby Carrier – Nothing helps a baby fall asleep quicker than a little baby-wearing and fairy dust. For some reasons, children tend to just zonk right out once strapped on so bringing a carrier to manage those who fight nap time is a great idea.
- Toys – Not only do we pack up a bag of beach toys, when we have a little on in our care, I also need a bag of fun baby toys.
- Plastic Tablecloth, Shower Curtain Liner, or Small Blow-Up Pool – If your little one isn’t too keen on the wide open water, dig them a small hole, line with the tablecloth or shower curtain liner, and fill with water! (Or just blow up the pool and use.) This safe little pond makes it especially easy to keep watch and allows you to control the depth. Just an inch or two of splash water will keep most babies happy.
- baby Powder – Bring along a bottle of baby powder. Dusting a little on sand covered hands and legs makes the sand magically brush off for easy clean-up before heading home.
- Pop N’ Play™ Deluxe Ultimate Playard – Worry no more! The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play™ Deluxe Ultimate Playard from Summer Infant allows infants and toddlers to have a safe, enclosed area to play (or nap!) while enjoying all that the beach has to offer.
Summer Infant Pop N’ Play™ Deluxe Ultimate Playard Features:
- Use Indoors Or Out
- 12# Portable, Lightweight Design
- Comes Fully Assembled
- Full Coverage, Clip On Canopy Featuring Two Zip-Open Panels
- Mesh Sides Which Provides Air Flow & Visibility
- Freestanding Design
- Easy Up & Down (Ready To Use In Seconds!)
- Padded Floor
- Clip On Entertainment Pouch, Touch Screen Enabled
- 14 Square Feet Of Playing Area
- Includes Travel Bag
Set up was truly a breeze. After pulling everything out of the bag, we were completely ready in under a minute. The playard unfolds by itself and then I just had to slip the straps into the secured position on the bottom of each foot.
The shade canopy was just as easy to install as there were several clips that needed to be pressed down along the top of the frame.
The mesh sides are really nice as children won’t feel so enclosed or separated from everyone. This feature makes it perfect for beach days, family gatherings, a backyard BBQ, and so much more.
A slightly padded floor base makes for a great place to lay, play, or rest. The large design offers plenty of space too! Truly a couple kiddos could safely utilize with supervision at the same time.
The two zip-open panels are on opposite ends of the playard and make for a nice opening to get kiddos in and out. Plus, just leave them unzipped to allow for even more interaction accessibility.
We ended up getting a little rain shower at the beach but baby was able to play happily and stay dry while the rest of us got sprinkled on. Big plus that the rain just beaded up and rolled off the canopy!
The design behind the Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Deluxe Ultimate Playard also allows for cute views even while the two zippered are closed as the canopy “scallops” around the edge as opposed to a full contact closure.
When in the shade or using indoors, the option to use the playard without the canopy is also a great feature.
Overall, I can’t think of a single thing that I’d change on this Pop N’ Play Deluxe Ultimate Playard. It pops up in a snap. Kids love being in it. Take down is also a breeze. It’s well made and the materials used are very nice. I also love the cool calming hues of the blue. Honestly, I first became acquainted with this product when my sister-in-law brought it to a family picnic. Seeing it in action with my nephews and nieces made it become a quick must have. Now that I’ve had the chance to test on my own, I’m still in love and would highly recommend to everyone with young kids! (PS> Would make an AWESOME baby shower gift too!)
Post Your Pop!
For those of you who already own one of Summer Infants products from their POP line, make sure you get social and share using the #SummerPOPnation and tag @summerinfant! They love to see customers and their products in action.
One lucky Thrifty Nifty Mommy reader will be taking home their very own Pop N’ Play Deluxe Ultimate Playard! Just enter the giveaway widget below. Good luck!