Winter time is finally coming to an end, but there are still some cooler days left where going outside isn’t much of an option. So, when we are stuck inside, crafts are often the go-to method of burning the clock. The kiddos love to be kept busy and crafts generally hold their attention pretty well.
All of us are excited for the new Avengers: Age of Ultron movie coming out in May.We love a good super hero film in our house! Since today was one of those days where going outside wasn’t viable, we spent a few minutes this afternoon making Avengers Super Hero Slime / Magic Princess Potion! Maggie and Jake had a blast, although Jake was a little apprehensive about the texture of the finished slime. He was sure to wash his hands immediately after we were done. He’s pretty comical to watch sometimes!
How To Make the Slime
You will need:
- A bottle of glue per child
- Empty the entire contents of the glue into a bowl.
- Fill the empty glue bottle with water.
- Pour the water into the bowl with the glue and mix together thoroughly.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of borax. (This can be adjusted for consistency. More borax will thicken the slime, less will make it thinner and slimier.)
- Mix thoroughly.
Our completed Super Hero Slime came out somewhere between the consistency of Jello and Putty. This made the slime a little more mold-able, which the kids seem to enjoy. To “spice” up the slime from the regular white, we used Elmer’s Glitter Glue in blue and red, like Captain America’s shield.
I hope your family enjoys creating this slime as much as we did!