So, I may be one of those parents that enjoys sneaking fruits and veggies into desserts from time to time…. Do you remember my Chocolate Chips Zucchini Cupcakes? Well, since Fall is right around the corner (as I write this), apples are in abundance for many. So if you’re looking for a yummy treat to whip up that includes using this delicious fruit, I’ve got it! My family raves about this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies Recipe every time I make it. But it’s easy to see why. These cookies are soft, chewy, sweet, and oh so delicious!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Apple + cinnamon + oatmeal = a delicious dessert; every single time! I love this combination whether it comes in pie, bar, or cookie form. But today, I had cookies on my mind. So I whipped up a batch (which may already be ALMOST gone) and decided to also share it with you all.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1-2 cups diced apples, without the peel
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Ghirardelli Chocolate white melting wafers for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together shortening and sugar.
- Beat in eggs until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie seasoning, and salt; then stir into sugar mixture. Mix until well blended.
- (Optional) Fold in the walnuts.
- Gently blend in oats and diced apple.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or till the edges are just barely turning brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 10 minutes to cool and set.
- Remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers and drizzle over the tops of cookies for garnish.
Print This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container. These nutritional facts are offered only as an estimate and could vary slightly.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 149Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
These nutritional facts are offered only as an estimate and could vary slightly.
Tell me, what is your favorite dessert? Also, visit our Recipe Page for even more delicious inspiration.