Since we got our air fryer, I’m consistently on the lookout for good air fryer recipes. We love our air fryer! It’s changed the way we cook and I love the ease and convenience. Today, we’re sharing one of our new favorite dishes: our air fryer baked potato recipe!
Really, it isn’t much of a recipe because it’s so easy, but this method produces the most delicious baked potatoes I’ve ever had. The potatoes cook to a delectable golden crispness on the outside while remaining perfectly fluffy and soft on the inside! The taste and texture combination makes a splendid meal.
I’m hungry so let’s get cooking!
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
- 2 russet or Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon oil of your preference (peanut oil is delicious!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F
- Brush the scrubbed potatoes with your preferred oil and sprinkle with salt
- Place prepped potatoes into the air fryer basket and then into the air fryer
- Cook for 1 hour. Test the potatoes for thorough cooking by pricking them with a fork.
- Serve with your favorite toppings from baked potato staples like butter, sour cream, and chives.
That’s it! Easy, breezy!
You might be asking why you wouldn’t just use a microwave instead of an air fryer. Baked potatoes from the microwave just don’t have the same texture and flavor of an air fryer baked potato! Microwave baked potatoes lack that scrumptious crispy outside and just don’t taste as good. Once you’ve tried this air fryer baked potato recipe, you’ll never want to make them in the microwave again! Sure, cooking in the air fryer is going to take longer than the microwave, but the results are worth it. Trust me!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition facts will vary depending on the size of your potato.
Serving Size: 1 potato
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts will vary depending on the size of your potato.