This post is sponsored by Quantum Health. All opinions are my own.
Whether in high school, college, or even if you’re the parent, the Fall “back-to-school” season can be rough! There are so many changes for everyone to accommodate to that stress can take over and lead to illness and cold sores! So today, I partnered with Quantum Health to share some great tips to help keep stress, illness, and cold sores at bay. Because “I can’t wait to get another cold sore” has never been uttered by anyone!
- Get Enough Sleep: This is a BIGGIE! One of the best stress relievers is getting enough sleep. Lack of sleep can cause our bodies to get run down and not fight off germs or infections adequately. Aim to get 7-9 hours of solid sleep each night. One thing that may help is keeping technology out of the bedroom. Playing on phones before bed (GUILTY!) causes many people to lose sleep. Plug them in to charge in the kitchen to keep the temptation away. So a good nights sleep will not only help you feel better in the morning, but your immune system will be ready to help prevent cold sores from occurring. A good tool to aid in getting a good nights sleep is this Aromatherapy Hot & Cold Eye Mask.
- Maintain A Healthy Diet: An apple a day keeps the doctor AND cold sores away! Kind of….. Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet that includes home-cooked meals definitely helps your body prevent colds, fevers, illness, and cold sores as your immune system stays up to speed through healthy fuels. So not only will you feel better and have more energy with a healthy diet, it can also help prevent those cold sores from popping up.
- Supplements: While a healthy diet is good, adding supplements can make it great. Taking a high quality multi-vitamin and a supplement of lysine to fill in what food may be lacking is a great idea. Lysine not only gives your immune system a boost but it fights the formation of cold sores.
- Exercise On A Regular Basis: Get active starting today! Exercise is a great stress reducer and also helps make you healthier and stronger. So rather than letting stress show up on your lip, take it out on the court, track, or pool. Get fit while looking and feeling great.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: This is good practice all year round. Even though the summer heat is now gone, the negative effects of the sun’s rays are still loud and clear. UV rays can cause that unwanted break-out to start. So put on a hat and grab some lip balm that provides sun protection such as the Lip Clear Lysine+ Coldstick with SPF-21.
What To Do If That Cold Sore Still Pops Up?
Even though I have not personally had a cold sore, my sister has battled them practically ALL her life. 🙁 They would especially crop up during periods of high stress for her. Not only were they annoying and painful, she struggled with how they looked too. But no matter what she tried, she just couldn’t get a grip on the stress factors that caused them. While high school was especially rough for her with cold sore break outs, life after has proven to also be a challenge So I’m super excited to tell her about Quantum Health‘s natural products that actually make a difference.
Because some times, even if you do everything “right”, that pesky cold sore can still rear it’s head. So if that happens, check out the Quantum Health Lip Clear Invisible Cold Sore Bandage. You can cover, protect, and hide your cold sore while providing soothing relief. These bandages apply easily and stay on for hours. They offer discreet help, when and where you need it so you can be confident.
Connect With Quantum Health
So tell me, do you have any more tips for reducing stress and preventing cold sores? And don’t forget to enter our giveaway for your very own Quantum Health full Lip Clear Collection!