When packing a diaper bag, there are a few essentials that every parent should have. We all know we need the basics to change and feed the baby while we are out, but what else is needed? I received products from Baby Shusher, Sister Chic, Wash. It. Later. and Freshly Picked to facilitate this post on 5 Things You Don’t Have In Your Diaper Bag, But Really Should. As usual, all opinions are my own.
Absolute Essentials for the Diaper Bag
- Baby cream/ointment
- Changing pad
- Small empty sacks for soiled diapers
- Burp cloths
- Hand sanitizer
- Food/ formula for baby
- Change of clothes
- Light blanket
But as always with babies, there are the absolute essentials and then the daily life hack essentials. Here is my list of 5 Things You Don’t Have In Your Diaper Bag, But Really Should.
Have you heard of the 5 S’s for the happiest baby method for sleep and soothing? Swaddle, side or stomach position, swing, suck and shush. I imagine that as a new parent, it can be exhausting trying to do all of these things at once! Especially when you are out and about. Why not make one-step a little easier with the Baby Shusher? This is the first of my 5 things you don’t have in your diaper bag, but really should.
What It Does
- The Baby Shusher uses a real human shushing sound to engage baby’s natural calming reflex to soother and trigger rest
- It has FDA Class 1 Medical Device status
- 15 to 30-minute timer and long battery life. Enables long shushing sessions to assure you can get even the most resistant sleepers to sleep
- Adjustable volume control means the baby gets to sleep without bothering everyone else
- Removable wrist strap gives you the option to carry your baby while putting them to sleep
- Comes with 2 AA batteries. Put your Baby Shusher to work as soon as you open the package!
- Made from easy-to-clean, durable, BPA- free material
- Portable and easy-to-use
The Sister Chic Company was created by a marketing-savvy military mom. The Sister Chic baby couture accessories collection is a unique line of gender-neutral, machine washable baby lifestyle accessories featuring unique fabrics designed in New York by Michael Miller. Every baby accessory in the Sister Chic collection is a master blend of durability with function and style. Making these amongst my 5 things you don’t have in your diaper bag, but really should.
The Dropper Stopper
With its patented design, The Dropper Stopper prevents dropped baby items from ever hitting the dirty floor. It is a must-have for moms on the go! The adjustable, rubberized elastic band conforms to any shape creating a nice snug hold. It is made with a variety of snaps so the length can be easily modified. Made with designer fabric, this accessory is vibrant and holds up great in the wash. The versatile design secured items from either end and attaches easily to the Joovy Qool stroller, high chairs, grocery carts, and more! The other end easily attaches to all types of sippy cups, bottles and toys.
Binki Band-Pacifier Clip
Adding to the list of things you don’t have in your diaper bag, but really should is the Binki Band. Binki Bands are compatible with all pacifiers that have either a handle or a hole in the rim. Simply attach the Binki Band to your pacifier to keep pacifiers off the floor and free of germs.
They feature a strong baby and toddler-proof clip which prevents baby from removing the band from their clothing, like this Feltman Brother’s Creeper. As with all of the Sister Chic products, the band is made from durable, machine-washable designer fabric that is easy to keep clean and gives that couture look. All products are designed to complement and coordinate with all the items in the Sister Chic collection.
Along with the other things you don’t have in your diaper bag, but really should is the Tushy Tote. This is not only a diaper bag organizer but also functions as a travel diaper bag. Pack a few essentials into the Tushy Tote to keep your larger diaper bag organized. Also easy to grab out and bring with you to the bathroom when you don’t want to bring the entire diaper bag in there. Or use it for yourself to store your phone, keys, cards and feminine products.
This modern mini diaper organizer is easy to clean, has an additional inside pocket, wipeable lining and a wristlet with snap to attach it to anything! If you want just a few diapers it can remain nice and flat or you can pack all your essentials & the bottom of the tote will expand to 2 inches. This organizer holds 2-3 diapers, a phone, keys, and a pack of travel wipes comfortably. Made from machine-washable designer fabric, for a practical yet stylish look.
Wash. It. Later.
Don’t stress about the mess and stop sacrificing clothes to blowouts, stains, and spills. Let Wash. It. Later. contain the mess and soak it on the spot. Wash. It. Later. is a grab and go, emergency soaking bag for your little one’s clothes. Making this amongst the amazing things you don’t have in your diaper bag, but really should.
Here’s How It Works
1. Place soiled clothing or garments inside the Wash. It. Later bag.
2. Add 1-3 cups of water
3. Remove tape to expose adhesive
4. From the center, fold the tape in half and press firmly outward towards the edges
5. Firmly punch corners to complete seal
6. From the top, roll bag tightly and secure with locking tape (once sealed, you will need to use scissors to reopen the bag. Bags are one-time use.)
What You Get
Each bag comes with a presoak detergent pod that is all natural, hypoallergenic and safe for delicate babies and their precious clothing. Once you get home, just cut open the bag and dump the clothing right into the laundry. No need to spray, soak or treat the stained item because it is ready for the washing machine!
Things You Don’t Have In Your Diaper Bag, But Really Should
So now that you know the essentials, plus the things you don’t have in your diaper bag, but really should, the next part is finding the perfect diaper bag. Well, look no further than the Freshly Picked Classic Diaper Bag.
This company offers a variety of high-end shoes and accessories for babies, children and their moms to help make life a little more fun, colorful and easier. They are well known for their newborn and infant moccasins that don’t fall off baby’s feet, as well as their various bags, clothes, and shoes of all sizes. Each Freshly Picked product is handmade using only the highest- quality genuine leather, suede, nylon, and vegan leather materials and matte gold fixtures.
Classic Diaper Bag
The Classic Diaper Bag by Freshly Picked is the perfect mama-cessory. This bag is really everything you could ever want or need in a high-end, designer bag. It is clearly made with not only the baby but the mama in mind as well. Available in 11 colors, you are sure to find the perfect fit for your style.
- 100% wipeable and spill resistant interior and exterior
- Ten pockets with spacious central space for large items
- Insolated interior pocket for bottles
- Made with premium quality materials and luxe hardware
- Magnetic front flap for easy close without zipping
- Wearable 3 ways: backpack, cross-body, or purse
- Grab-and-go top handle
- Metal feet on the bottom so bag never touches the ground
- Nylon changing pad included
What Else I Love
A few more features that I love about this bag is the extended zipper and snap sides. This ensures that you can both see and access every square inch of the inside of this bag that measures 13” wide x 15” high x 7” deep. It also has a pouch on the back to tuck in the 24-inch backpack strap or 47-inch shoulder strap (at longest length) when you prefer to use the 4 inch top handle.
For many, this Classic Diaper Bag would be an investment. But keep in mind that it is so much more than just a diaper bag. This bag is hand made with the highest quality material. It is created to last far beyond the diapering stage. Plus, it doesn’t look or feel like a diaper bag. This could double as a work bag, weekend bag or daily purse.
Get One For Yourself
Freshly Picked is running a site-wide sale starting Monday, May 6th. 2019-May 11th, 2019. They are offering their deepest discounts of the year! Check out The Fringe which is Freshly Picked’s Membership Program. Think of it like a savings account, not a subscription service!
- NO cost to you. $10 a month gets you $10 in store credit each month. The credit rolls over and NEVER expires.
- Fringe members get 20% off of EVERY purchase on our site
- No risk, you can cancel any time. But why would you?!
- Stack discounts with sale items on their site!
- FREE shipping on EVERY order (in US and Canada)