I’ve partnered with Zonderkidz for this post about The Berenstain Bears Books that are Christian Based.
Growing up, one of my favorite book series was the Berenstain Bears! My siblings and I loved these books and read them often! It just so happened that my husband enjoyed these books too as a boy, and his mother saved quite a collection of them for him. We were both so excited to be able to share the love of the Berenstain Bears with our own children now!
Growing up, the Berenstain Bears books were full of lessons that taught good character qualities to kids, like obeying parents, telling the truth, and having good manners. The books also taught other valuable lessons about life, for example, teaching children about babysitters and going to the doctor’s office.
Stan and Jan Berenstain published the first Berenstain Bears book in 1962, and the series has gone on to capture the hearts and minds of children across generations and across the globe. In the 50+ years since “The Big Honey Hunt,” the Bear family has grown from three to five members; the Berenstain Bears have been translated into over a dozen languages, and over 300 million books have been sold worldwide.
Did you know that there are still new Berenstain Bears books being published? While Stan and Jan Berenstain (the original authors/illustrators of the series) have both passed away, their son has continued the writing and illustrating these beloved bears for a whole new generation of readers. And not only that, but many of the newer books that have been published have an emphasis on Christianity, much to my delight!
I assembled a list of some of our family’s favorite Berenstain Bears books that are Christian based. These books would all be a great addition to the home library for every Christian family!
- The Berenstain Bears’ Easter Sunday
- The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers
- The Berenstain Bears: God Loves You!
- The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule
- The Berenstain Bears: God Bless Our Home
- The Berenstain Bears and the Forgiving Tree
- The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect
- The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving
- The Berenstain Bears Bedtime Devotional: Includes 90 Devotions
- The Berenstain Bears God Made You Special
- The Berenstain Bears and the Gift of Courage
- The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag
- The Berenstain Bears Go to Sunday School
- The Berenstain Bears Play a Good Game
- The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
- The Berenstain Bears Keep the Faith
- The Berenstain Bears Blessed are the Peacemakers
- The Berenstain Bears Faithful Friends
- The Berenstain Bears Love Their Neighbors
- The Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story
As we approach the upcoming Easter season, I wanted to take a moment and draw your attention to the book, The Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story. Originally released in 2012, this is one of the newest books we’ve added to our The Berenstain Bears library and I’m so glad we did! In this book, The Berenstain Bear cubs are candy-crazy this Easter! But Missus Ursula and some Sunday school students tell the cubs about the true meaning of Easter. The book also includes a sheet of colorful stickers!