Growing up, my sister and I spent our entire summers riding bike. I honestly wish times hadn’t changed so much. These days, too many kids spent too much time in front of screens. So I am extremely excited to partner with Pello on a review of their 16″ Pello Revo Bike to encourage our son to get outside.
About a month ago, our 5 year old son, Sam, headed to the barn during milking and told my husband that he wanted his training wheels off. Mike was pretty busy that night and told him that it may not be till the next day before he had time. Well, the next thing he knew, Sam got out the tools and took his training wheels off by himself! So what else could a dad do but spend a bit of time helping his son learn to ride. The best part is that in less than 15 minutes, Sam was zooming around on two wheels! Talk about this mama being proud!
Benefits Of A Bike
The benefits of a bike reach far and wide and are great for riders of all ages. While you may have some come to mind immediately, there are a variety of benefits.
- Physically Active: A big one that most people think of right away is the fact that riding a bike a great way to be physically active. Exercise on wheels!
- Family Time: Riding bikes can easily be a family enjoyed activity. Our family spends almost every Sunday hitting the local trails together. We have between 9 and 18 of us on any given ride. It’s fun bonding over a shared bike ride.
- Boost Mental Health: While we all know biking is great for the body, it’s also great for the mind. Research shows that riding bike is beneficial to the brain as it helps people think more clearly.
- It’s Fun: Truth be told, riding bike for fun IS FUN! Seeing the joy on our Sam’s face as he enters into this new stage of riding is amazing. The simple pleasures of riding a bike are unbeatable.
- Better For The Environment: Whether biking to a friends house, work, or the store. Riding a bicycle versus taking a vehicle is much better for the environment.
- Saves Money: With your legs doing the work, your wallet won’t take a hit! Gas and car repairs are expensive. Utilizing a bike when possible can help cut back on expenses.
- Avoid Traffic Jams: Utilizing a bicycle usually means you deal with less traffic. And who wouldn’t love that!?!
- You Never Forget: Learning how to ride a bike is a skill that you just don’t forget. Kids take so much pride when they first learn and adults look back and cherish those memories.
Why Choose Pello Bikes?
Pello Bikes is on a mission to give children today the freedom and joy that cycling offers. They help accomplish that by offering bicycles that are high quality, light weight, safe, and specifically designed just for kids!
~Kids Bikes Need To Be Lightweight: One of the most important factors of a great children’s bike is the weight. Kids can’t push or lift heavy weighted things so it’s important to find a bike under 20# for them. Which is why every Pello Bike comes in under 20#!
~Built For Anything: Off road or on? Pello Bikes are built with lightweight tubing, tough parts ,and multi-use tires that are able to handle anything their riders can dish out.
~Warranty: Every Pello Bike comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame and fork as well as a 2 year warranty on the components.
~Fit And Checked: Bikes gets hand checked for safety and quality before being sent to the customer. And, if you provide measurements, they will double check sizing before shipping to ensure you’re getting the best bike for you.
~Created By A Dad: Pello was started by Shane Cusick, a dad who had spent much of his life on a bike. He wanted to give the ultimate gift of cycling to his two sons. So after meeting with another avid cyclist and father, Chris Peel, Pello was born.
16″ Pello Revo Bike
We already have some experience with Pello Bikes as our older son has their Rover 20″. So I already had high expectations of the 16″ Pello Revo Bike before it ever arrived. And thankfully, it didn’t disappoint!
Features And Details
Pello really puts a lot of thought into their bikes. And the design behind the Revo is no exception. But first off, I want to mention that I love that every bike comes with a pre-ship checklist that is hand checked! They make sure that everything you need is there and in working order! Talk about great service.
And if an issue is found, they solve it! So you don’t have to fret about anything when your bike arrives.
The Pello Revo Bike Features Include:
- Lightweight Aluminum Frame
- 16# Total Weight (With Pedals & Bell Attached)
- Single Speed
- Includes Bell
- Comes With Everything Needed To Complete Assembly (Including 5&6mm Allen Keys, Presta Valve Adapter, Owner Manual, Stickers)
- Bike Arrives 95% Assembled
- Fast Shipping
- Comes Well Packaged And Protected
As mentioned above, the Revo comes about 95% assembled. All that’s left to do once unpacked is assemble the front wheel, handlebar, pedals, and saddle. Literally takes just a few minutes if you are a little familiar with bike assembly. Otherwise, just consult the manual for instructions.
16 “Pello Revo Bike In Action
Our Thoughts On The 16″ Pello Revo Bike
The Pello Revo Bike retails for $349 so it’s definitely an investment. However, it’s one that both my husband and I feel is well worth it. The Revo is so well made and our son is able to ride much better on it versus a cheaper brand that he tried at grandpa’s house. There is just so much to love about this bike and the gender neutral color is especially appealing. Because of the high quality construction, Pello Bikes can easily get passed down to siblings, cousins, and friends. Our 20″ Rover is already on kid number two and it still looks and runs like new! I know our Revo will be just as hearty.
Sam is absolutely thrilled with this bike. While he loves the little added feature of the bell, he especially enjoys how easy the Revo is to ride and control. He can zip through different terrains with ease. Honestly, since the arrival of his Pello Revo Bike, the first thing he does almost every morning is head outside for a bike ride. Throughout the day, I get to watch him zip around the yard. His confidence has soared! AMAZING BIKE for sure!