With Summer parties in full swing there are times where I need a quick “go to” recipe for dessert. There’s no better time of the year to incorporate tasty blueberries in your baking than the Summer months and my Blueberry Cheesecake Bars do just that! Whether you are a wiz at making cheesecakes, or just seem to make a mess of it every time you try, this fool-proof recipe will make all your guests stand up and cheer after they take one bite of this bright, delicious Summer treat!
-One 11oz box of Vanilla Wafers
-1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
-2 TB Sugar
-1/2 Cup melted butter
-Three 80z. packages of Cream Cheese
-1 1/4 cup sugar
-1 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
-2 TB Flour
-1/2 cup Sour Cream
-4 Cups Blueberries
-1 Cup Sugar
-Zest of 1 Lemon
-1/4 cup water
-2 TB Cornstarch (+ 2 TB Water for mixing)
* As I suggest with all of my cheesecake and baking recipes – best results come when you leave all of your refrigerated ingredients out to warm to room temperature (cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, butter) and this recipe is no different – especially in regards to the cream cheese)!
**Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch glass dish with foil. Grease with Crisco or spray with cooking spray.
- Using a food processor (or like me, I haven’t yet splurged on a food processor so I use my Vitamix Blender – feel free to use a rolling pin, mallet, or anything else you can crush the crust mixture), pulse or crush the Vanilla Wafers and pecans. Mix in the sugar. Finally stir (or pulse if using a food processor) the melted butter and mix until well blended.
2. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan that you have lined with foil and greased. Set aside.
3. For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each one, until fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the flour, and sour cream and mix again.
4. Pour batter over crust. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Then turn the oven off and without of opening the door – allow to bake for another 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from the oven and set aside to cool.
5. While the Cheesecake is baking and cooling, prepare your blueberry topping! Using a medium size sauce pan over medium low heat, stir together the blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, and 1/4 cup water. Heat until mixture boils for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally Mix together the cornstarch and 2 TB’s of water. Stir it into the blueberry mixture and return to boil for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Pour topping over cooled cheesecake, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours – or overnight (the longer the better).
7. When ready to serve simply lift the cheesecake up by the foil and set it on a cutting board. Cut cheesecake into squares using a sharp knife and serve.
I hope you love Our Southern Style’s Blueberry Cheesecake Bars!
Click HERE for more recipes from Our Southern Style!