Looking for a way to get your kids to eat their green veggies? Give them some extra flavor and brighten up their color with this simple, delicious, and minimal ingredient recipe! Take these ordinary vegetables to the next level with this recipe for Skillet Green Beans!
- 1 lb of fresh green beans, rinsed, and snapped (or using a knife, you can just cut off the ends)
- 4 TBLS butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt/pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and saute onions for 3-5 minutes
2. Add the mushrooms, saute another 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and saute everything together for another 2 minutes
3. Toss in the green beans, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and saute for another 5 minutes, stirring the mixture gently and occasionally to keep it from burning.
4. Add in the chicken broth and cover with a lid, leaving it open slightly to allow the liquid to reduce. Stir occasionally for 15-20 minutes until the beans reach desired tenderness. Remove the lid completely, and allow the rest of the liquid to reduce and the onions to caramelize.
5. Serve immediately.